BBB Sponsor

Bass Tackle at Guaranteed Lowest Prices

BBB Sponsors

Authorized AMSOIL Dealer

Your best choice for the Primary Tackle you need!

Fishing Tackle With Guaranteed Best Price!

Garmin Marine Electronics

* Who's Online

• Dot Guests: 178
  • Dot Hidden: 0
  • Dot Users: 0

There aren't any users online.

Author Topic: From Hero to Zero!  (Read 3876 times)

Offline Curt

• BBB Admin
  • Administrator
  • Largemouth Bass
  • Fish On!
  • Referrals: 264
    • CurtSnow.com
  • My Biggest Bass: LMB - 9 lbs. 2 oz. (RI) 9 lbs. 14 oz. (California Delta) - SMB 5 lbs. 10 oz. (CT)
From Hero to Zero!
« on: June 06, 2017, 10:30:05 AM »
I fished our third club tourney of the year this past weekend. After winning our first two tournies, I was wondering what this one would bring.

Well, I found out pretty quickly! It brought me a big slice of humble pie  (yes)  (fp)

LOL. I would have loved to win another one, but I had a feeling it wasn't going to go my way, and it didn't.

I landed in dead last place with just 2 fish for 3.38 lbs. Ouch

I took too long to adjust to what the bass were doing and it really showed in the final standings.

Winning weight was over 15 lbs., so I got spanked pretty good. I was pretty disappointed at first, but I just have to take it all in stride and try to bounce back for the next one.  (giggle)

Professionally Designed Websites Starting at Just $99 http://www.ProWebsitesUnlimited.com

Offline JackJ

• Largemouth Bass
  • Referrals: 0
    • Alabama Fishing
  • My Biggest Bass: 9-3
Re: From Hero to Zero!
« Reply #1 on: June 06, 2017, 11:53:57 AM »
I'm in the same club.  Finished last of the 22 boats that weighed in.  (4 boats did not).
It is predominately a largemouth fishery which I struggle fishing for LM anyways, and a place that normally takes 18-20lbs to win.  Only 10.75lbs won.
We only had two fish for less than 3lbs.
2016 Phoenix 618 Pro
Mercury 175 Pro XS

Offline Curt

• BBB Admin
  • Administrator
  • Largemouth Bass
  • Fish On!
  • Referrals: 264
    • CurtSnow.com
  • My Biggest Bass: LMB - 9 lbs. 2 oz. (RI) 9 lbs. 14 oz. (California Delta) - SMB 5 lbs. 10 oz. (CT)
Re: From Hero to Zero!
« Reply #2 on: June 06, 2017, 12:54:04 PM »
The worst part of my tourney was that I know the lake well. I know many areas where good fish are caught regularly. I just failed to make the necessary adjustments in a timely manner.  (fp) (fp)

I was kicking myself all the way home and then for most of the rest of the afternoon. I guess I needed an attitude adjustment, so my wife gave me one  (giggle)

Professionally Designed Websites Starting at Just $99 http://www.ProWebsitesUnlimited.com

Tags:

* Recent Posts

No posts were found.

* Forum Staff

Curt admin Curt
Administrator
admin Jive
Administrator
Mitz gmod Mitz
Global Moderator
SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal