BBB Sponsor

Bass Tackle at Guaranteed Lowest Prices

BBB Sponsors

Authorized AMSOIL Dealer

Your best choice for the Primary Tackle you need!

Fishing Tackle With Guaranteed Best Price!

Garmin Marine Electronics

* Who's Online

• Dot Guests: 208
  • Dot Hidden: 0
  • Dot Users: 0

There aren't any users online.

Author Topic: One Night - Two Lakes  (Read 7021 times)

Offline Curt

• BBB Admin
  • Administrator
  • Largemouth Bass
  • Fish On!
  • Referrals: 264
    • CurtSnow.com
  • My Biggest Bass: LMB - 9 lbs. 2 oz. (RI) 9 lbs. 14 oz. (California Delta) - SMB 5 lbs. 10 oz. (CT)
One Night - Two Lakes
« on: September 26, 2017, 08:10:34 PM »
We've been having unseasonably warm temps here the last 4 or 5 days, so my buddy and I decided to hit a local lake Sunday night. We fished from 6:30 till about 8:45 and had only 3 bass, 2 of which were very small shorts.

So, instead of calling it an early night or wasting time there, we trailered the boat and drove 10 minutes to another nearby lake to see if the fish there were locked down as hard.

They were in a sense, but since this lake offered more options with regard to depth variations, types of cover, etc. we were able to catch a few good ones. I had 3 fish over 3 lbs. And he caught one small keeper and another one around 2 1/2 lbs. So lake #2 saved the night for us.

The best part was that we spent about the same amount of time on lake #2 as we did on lake #1. So lake #2 was definitely more productive under those same conditions.

It's always nice to have a backup plan  (yes)
« Last Edit: September 26, 2017, 08:12:37 PM by Curt »

Professionally Designed Websites Starting at Just $99 http://www.ProWebsitesUnlimited.com

Offline Jig Man

• Largemouth Bass
  • BassBoatBoards.com Rocks!
  • Referrals: 0
Re: One Night - Two Lakes
« Reply #1 on: September 26, 2017, 09:22:33 PM »
When I go to Truman lake I have to pass close to Stockton and Pomme de Terre.  I have been known to pull up and head for one of them when Truman goes south on me.
If you're too busy to go fishing you're too busy!!

Offline Curt

• BBB Admin
  • Administrator
  • Largemouth Bass
  • Fish On!
    • CurtSnow.com
  • My Biggest Bass: LMB - 9 lbs. 2 oz. (RI) 9 lbs. 14 oz. (California Delta) - SMB 5 lbs. 10 oz. (CT)
« Reply #2 on: September 27, 2017, 10:17:14 AM »
When I go to Truman lake I have to pass close to Stockton and Pomme de Terre.  I have been known to pull up and head for one of them when Truman goes south on me.

It's nice when there are two or more lakes close to each other. It leaves options like this for us  (yes)

Professionally Designed Websites Starting at Just $99 http://www.ProWebsitesUnlimited.com

Offline frugalangler

• Smallmouth Bass
  • Play hard, Fish harder!!!!!
    • Club website
« Reply #3 on: September 27, 2017, 04:08:24 PM »

The way Truman has been lately, I'm for Pomme or Stockton any day over Truman
FrugalAngler
Ranger198VX/Yamaha VMax
Jeep Grand Cherokee EcoDiesel

Offline Jig Man

• Largemouth Bass
« Reply #4 on: September 28, 2017, 08:29:53 AM »
Once I was told that it has Zebra Muscles I quit going.  Same for Bull Shoals.  I'm not going to be the one that spreads them to Stockton or Pomme.

Offline Jig Man

• Largemouth Bass
« Reply #5 on: September 28, 2017, 08:35:56 AM »
Curt I did a variable of your 2 lake outing yesterday.  We were up in the Little Sac arm of Stockton.  We had caught 6 fish and ran out of places where we could get bites.  We had 2 choices about the other arm where I had been fishing.  It was a 15+ mile boat ride each way on a rainy 64° windy day or a 12 mile truck ride in the warm and dry.  I opted for the shorter more comfortable way.   We loaded up moved and caught 4 more bass.  Fishing was tougher there because the NW wind was howling down the pike and I had to run my 36v tmotor on 6-7 just to move into the rollers.  So it was a lot like fishing 2 lakes.

Offline frugalangler

• Smallmouth Bass
    • Club website
« Reply #6 on: September 28, 2017, 12:55:09 PM »
Once I was told that it has Zebra Muscles I quit going.  Same for Bull Shoals.  I'm not going to be the one that spreads them to Stockton or Pomme.

I agree, but they will eventually get there. Unfortunately, I'm afraid they are a way of life now. Something I've read though, there are reports that where they were worst they seem to be receding somewhat, now they are trying to figure out the cause for the recession, in hopes to propagate that as a solution.
FrugalAngler
Ranger198VX/Yamaha VMax

Offline Curt

• BBB Admin
  • Administrator
  • Largemouth Bass
  • Fish On!
    • CurtSnow.com
« Reply #7 on: September 28, 2017, 02:57:01 PM »
Curt I did a variable of your 2 lake outing yesterday.  We were up in the Little Sac arm of Stockton.  We had caught 6 fish and ran out of places where we could get bites.  We had 2 choices about the other arm where I had been fishing.  It was a 15+ mile boat ride each way on a rainy 64° windy day or a 12 mile truck ride in the warm and dry.  I opted for the shorter more comfortable way.   We loaded up moved and caught 4 more bass.  Fishing was tougher there because the NW wind was howling down the pike and I had to run my 36v tmotor on 6-7 just to move into the rollers.  So it was a lot like fishing 2 lakes.

Opting for the warm, dry truck ride sounds way better to me too!

Glad you could change locations comfortably and put a few more bass in the boat, to boot  :thumbup:

Offline frugalangler

• Smallmouth Bass
    • Club website
« Reply #8 on: September 28, 2017, 03:25:08 PM »

Opting for the warm, dry truck ride sounds way better to me too!

Glad you could change locations comfortably and put a few more bass in the boat, to boot  :thumbup:

I've made that run on that lake before in cold windy and it ain't fun, but I didn't have the option to trailer since it was a tournament :( sure would have been better
FrugalAngler
Ranger198VX/Yamaha VMax

Tags:

* Recent Posts

No posts were found.

* Forum Staff

Curt admin Curt
Administrator
admin Jive
Administrator
Mitz gmod Mitz