Bass Boat Mods > General Boat Mods

Using Wasted Space in My Boat

(1/4) > >>

Curt:
My G3 has a step up to the front deck that stretches the width of the boat, sort of.

It starts at the side of the console and runs to the other side of the boat. It's great for getting onto the front deck, but it's completely wasted space, since it's completely closed.

I'm looking for ideas to help me use that space, instead of just stepping on it. For example, I wish it had a lid of some kind that could be opened up to provide storage under it. Or maybe even add a cup holder to the left side of it for my passenger, since there is only one cup holder and it's on the driver side.

Suggestions??

JackJ:
I think if it was mine, I would put the lid on it for storage.  Wouldn't think it would be hard to convert.

JackJ:
If one of these would fit, might be nice...  http://www.boatoutfitters.com/custom-boat-glove-box

Jig Man:
Curt, I'd call the mfg and see what is under it.  It may be full of floatation and not be able to be hollowed out.  If it is empty then by all means cut the top off and put a lid on it.  My boat has a step but it is a storage/cooler.  I use it for storage as I don't take anything but water with me and I drink it at "room temp."

Curt:

--- Quote from: Jig Man on April 15, 2015, 12:39:28 PM ---Curt, I'd call the mfg and see what is under it.  It may be full of floatation and not be able to be hollowed out.  If it is empty then by all means cut the top off and put a lid on it.  My boat has a step but it is a storage/cooler.  I use it for storage as I don't take anything but water with me and I drink it at "room temp."

--- End quote ---

Thanks @Jig Man. I was planning on calling them to see what's under it. so I will definitely do that  (y)

If there's no foam, it'll definitely become a storage area of some type  (yes)

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version