BBB Sponsor

Bass Tackle at Guaranteed Lowest Prices

BBB Sponsors

Authorized AMSOIL Dealer

Your best choice for the Primary Tackle you need!

Fishing Tackle With Guaranteed Best Price!

Garmin Marine Electronics

* Who's Online

• Dot Guests: 193
  • Dot Hidden: 0
  • Dot Users: 0

There aren't any users online.

Author Topic: Lew's Reels?  (Read 10598 times)

Offline Curt

• BBB Admin
  • Administrator
  • Largemouth Bass
  • Fish On!
  • Referrals: 264
    • CurtSnow.com
  • My Biggest Bass: LMB - 9 lbs. 2 oz. (RI) 9 lbs. 14 oz. (California Delta) - SMB 5 lbs. 10 oz. (CT)
Lew's Reels?
« on: January 11, 2016, 12:23:22 PM »
Over the last few years I've heard a lot of good feedback about Lew's reels. At some point in the next few months I'd like to buy a new baitcasting reel and I'm considering a Lew's, simply because of the feedback I've heard from others.

Who here owns or has owned a Lew's reel, and what was/is your opinion of them?

Professionally Designed Websites Starting at Just $99 http://www.ProWebsitesUnlimited.com

Offline JackJ

• Largemouth Bass
  • Referrals: 0
    • Alabama Fishing
  • My Biggest Bass: 9-3
Re: Lew's Reels?
« Reply #1 on: January 11, 2016, 04:43:53 PM »
It's pretty much all I use now, (aside from my old Curados) and all I plan to buy in the future.
All mine right now are the Tournament Pro versions and I love them.

I plan to get a BB1 soon for cranking.
« Last Edit: January 11, 2016, 04:47:34 PM by JackJ »
2016 Phoenix 618 Pro
Mercury 175 Pro XS

Offline Jig Man

• Largemouth Bass
  • BassBoatBoards.com Rocks!
« Reply #2 on: January 11, 2016, 09:49:17 PM »
Sorry I can't help Curt.  I'm part of the Shimano Posse.
If you're too busy to go fishing you're too busy!!

Offline Curt

• BBB Admin
  • Administrator
  • Largemouth Bass
  • Fish On!
    • CurtSnow.com
  • My Biggest Bass: LMB - 9 lbs. 2 oz. (RI) 9 lbs. 14 oz. (California Delta) - SMB 5 lbs. 10 oz. (CT)
« Reply #3 on: January 12, 2016, 09:51:42 AM »
It's pretty much all I use now, (aside from my old Curados) and all I plan to buy in the future.
All mine right now are the Tournament Pro versions and I love them.

I plan to get a BB1 soon for cranking.

Thanks @JackJ I have always been a Shimano guy, although during the last few seasons I have bought a handful of Abu Garcia reels simply because the price was right and I was in need of some reels. They're decent reels, but not as good as my Shimano reels.

What price point do you usually buy your reels at? I have some Curado 200E7 reels that I paid $179 for a few years back. But these days I try to stick to reels for $100 or less, which obviously limits my choices.

@Jig Man No worries. I have always been a Shimano guy too, but trying to get the most bang for my buck these days, and spending $180 on a new reel isn't what I want to do right now  (nope)

Professionally Designed Websites Starting at Just $99 http://www.ProWebsitesUnlimited.com

Offline JackJ

• Largemouth Bass
    • Alabama Fishing
  • My Biggest Bass: 9-3
« Reply #4 on: January 12, 2016, 11:29:17 AM »
I am one that usually wont buy unless it's on sale, and one has been a gift, but the Tournament Pro's MSRP was $199, and I think I got them for around $169.
I see they have replaced those now with a Tournament Pro G, which is a little different, so maybe you could find the others a bit cheaper now if someone had them leftover.

This is the ones I use  http://www.tackletour.com/reviewlewstournamentpro.html.   I really like the paddle handles on the lews, very comfortable.

2016 Phoenix 618 Pro
Mercury 175 Pro XS

Offline Curt

• BBB Admin
  • Administrator
  • Largemouth Bass
  • Fish On!
    • CurtSnow.com
« Reply #5 on: January 12, 2016, 02:45:05 PM »
I am one that usually wont buy unless it's on sale, and one has been a gift, but the Tournament Pro's MSRP was $199, and I think I got them for around $169.
I see they have replaced those now with a Tournament Pro G, which is a little different, so maybe you could find the others a bit cheaper now if someone had them leftover.

This is the ones I use  http://www.tackletour.com/reviewlewstournamentpro.html.   I really like the paddle handles on the lews, very comfortable.

Cool! Thanks @JackJ  :thumbup:

Tags:

* Recent Posts

No posts were found.

* Forum Staff

Curt admin Curt
Administrator
admin Jive
Administrator
Mitz gmod Mitz
Global Moderator
SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal