BBB Sponsor

Bass Tackle at Guaranteed Lowest Prices

BBB Sponsors

Authorized AMSOIL Dealer

Your best choice for the Primary Tackle you need!

Fishing Tackle With Guaranteed Best Price!

Garmin Marine Electronics

* Who's Online

• Dot Guests: 282
  • Dot Hidden: 0
  • Dot Users: 0

There aren't any users online.

Author Topic: Got It Done  (Read 26270 times)

Offline Curt

• BBB Admin
  • Administrator
  • Largemouth Bass
  • Fish On!
  • Referrals: 264
    • CurtSnow.com
  • My Biggest Bass: LMB - 9 lbs. 2 oz. (RI) 9 lbs. 14 oz. (California Delta) - SMB 5 lbs. 10 oz. (CT)
Re: Got It Done
« Reply #15 on: June 02, 2015, 02:33:29 PM »
As you go further back, you'll need to raise the motor up some.  The water coming off the bottom of the boat rises, so you'll need the motor to be higher in order for the water to hit the lower unit at the same point.  The prop is probably running deeper now than it was before.

But....before you start jacking 'er up.....you do have a water pressure gauge, right?  Don't want to burn that yam up!

Thanks @GotMyAlly I wasn't aware of the fact that the motor would be sitting lower now than it was before due to the fact that it's sitting further back. Good point  (yes)

I have a water pressure gauge that I will be installing soon, hence the fact that I haven't played with engine height yet. I hope to have that installed sometime within the next week or so, and then I will be able to safely raise the outboard and monitor the pressure.

I know that I might ultimately have to change props, but I see no reason why a boat like this can't easily break the 60 MPH mark with a 150 HP outboard.

Professionally Designed Websites Starting at Just $99 http://www.ProWebsitesUnlimited.com

Offline Curt

• BBB Admin
  • Administrator
  • Largemouth Bass
  • Fish On!
    • CurtSnow.com
  • My Biggest Bass: LMB - 9 lbs. 2 oz. (RI) 9 lbs. 14 oz. (California Delta) - SMB 5 lbs. 10 oz. (CT)
« Reply #16 on: June 02, 2015, 03:01:57 PM »
By the way, I just checked my prop and it's only a 19 pitch! No wonder it's a beast out of the hole  (giggle)

I had my dealer check with G3 to verify that this is the recommended prop for this boat and they said it was. Not sure why, with it being such a light boat.  (shrug)

Professionally Designed Websites Starting at Just $99 http://www.ProWebsitesUnlimited.com

Offline GotMyAlly

• Bluegill
  • BassBoatBoards.com Rocks!
  • Referrals: 0
« Reply #17 on: June 02, 2015, 03:43:38 PM »
Is it a stainless prop?  I would hope they wouldn't put an aluminum one on there, but you never know. 

You'll probably gain RPMs as you raise the motor, and that may dictate more pitch to bring the RPMs back into the power band.

One other thing.....as you set it up, make sure you have the boat loaded like you'll run it on a regular basis.  If you dial it in with a super light load, it may fall on it's face when you load it down again, and you'll have to start over on the setup.

Offline Curt

• BBB Admin
  • Administrator
  • Largemouth Bass
  • Fish On!
    • CurtSnow.com
« Reply #18 on: June 02, 2015, 06:37:07 PM »
Is it a stainless prop?  I would hope they wouldn't put an aluminum one on there, but you never know. 

You'll probably gain RPMs as you raise the motor, and that may dictate more pitch to bring the RPMs back into the power band.

One other thing.....as you set it up, make sure you have the boat loaded like you'll run it on a regular basis.  If you dial it in with a super light load, it may fall on it's face when you load it down again, and you'll have to start over on the setup.

Yes.. It's a stainless prop. 19 x 13 3/4.

Tags:

* Recent Posts

No posts were found.

* Forum Staff

Curt admin Curt
Administrator
admin Jive
Administrator
Mitz gmod Mitz
Global Moderator
SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal