BBB Sponsor

Bass Tackle at Guaranteed Lowest Prices

BBB Sponsors

Authorized AMSOIL Dealer

Your best choice for the Primary Tackle you need!

Fishing Tackle With Guaranteed Best Price!

Garmin Marine Electronics

* Who's Online

• Dot Guests: 177
  • Dot Hidden: 0
  • Dot Users: 0

There aren't any users online.

Author Topic: G3 Rod Lockers  (Read 14587 times)

Offline Curt

• BBB Admin
  • Administrator
  • Largemouth Bass
  • Fish On!
  • Referrals: 264
    • CurtSnow.com
  • My Biggest Bass: LMB - 9 lbs. 2 oz. (RI) 9 lbs. 14 oz. (California Delta) - SMB 5 lbs. 10 oz. (CT)
G3 Rod Lockers
« on: June 03, 2015, 04:39:26 PM »
One of the things that I don't like much about my G3 is the rod tubes in the rod lockers. I much prefer open locker space vs. rod tubes and racks.

I removed the racks from mine, but the tubes are another story and I don't think removing them would be a good idea.

So for the past 7 years I have basically just dealt with them and put up with them, getting frustrated with how much the tubes make it a pain in the butt to put rods in the locker and get them out of the locker, especially if I have two rods slid into the same tube. Getting only one rod out in this situation is exasperating and I almost always ended up pulling them both out, to avoid damaging one of them.

Last week I order a half dozen Stick Jacket rod sleeves to see if using them would make the feat any easier and make the rod tubes a little more acceptable to work with.

I got them in last week and it took me a couple of days before I had the time to get out into the garage to open the package and put them on some of my rods. But when I did, and I slid the rods back into the locker, it was like night and day having them on there.

Even putting two rods into one tube is effortless now  (yes)

I tend to keep several rods on my front deck all the time and the rest stored in my lockers, so I don't need a jacket for each rod, but any of them going into the locker now have them on.

I will be ordering 5 or 6 more for the rods in the other locker too.

And here's the best part. I had ordered them directly from the manufacturer, figuring that would be the best place to get them. Shortly after placing my order, I got a phone call from them, telling me they were going to refund my money and refer me to one of their retailers where I could get them much cheaper  ;D

So I went to the website of the retailer and ordered them. They were shipped the same day and I had them within 3 days, max.

http://www.americanlegacyfishing.com/accessories/fishing-rod-reel-covers/stick-jacket-rod-cover.html

So if your rod locker has rod tubes and you're not using Stick Jacket covers, I would highly recommend them  (y) (y)

Professionally Designed Websites Starting at Just $99 http://www.ProWebsitesUnlimited.com

Offline JackJ

• Largemouth Bass
  • Referrals: 0
    • Alabama Fishing
  • My Biggest Bass: 9-3
Re: G3 Rod Lockers
« Reply #1 on: June 03, 2015, 05:03:34 PM »
I always use the jackets on all my rods.  Most are made by a guy in town.

Why cant you take out the tubes?  Isn't that just slid into the lockers?  I don't know about G3 but I see people removing them from other boats all the time.

Are your's foamed in?
« Last Edit: June 03, 2015, 05:11:39 PM by JackJ »
2016 Phoenix 618 Pro
Mercury 175 Pro XS

Offline Curt

• BBB Admin
  • Administrator
  • Largemouth Bass
  • Fish On!
  • Referrals: 264
    • CurtSnow.com
  • My Biggest Bass: LMB - 9 lbs. 2 oz. (RI) 9 lbs. 14 oz. (California Delta) - SMB 5 lbs. 10 oz. (CT)
« Reply #2 on: June 03, 2015, 05:24:19 PM »
@JackJ the tubes are set into a vertical partition in the front of the locker. They just look like it would be not so good of an idea to remove them.

Maybe I'll take another look at them.

Professionally Designed Websites Starting at Just $99 http://www.ProWebsitesUnlimited.com

Offline JackJ

• Largemouth Bass
  • Referrals: 0
    • Alabama Fishing
  • My Biggest Bass: 9-3
« Reply #3 on: June 03, 2015, 05:29:50 PM »
If they are not foam filled on the opposite side of that partition should be no problem.
2016 Phoenix 618 Pro
Mercury 175 Pro XS

Tags:

* Recent Posts

No posts were found.

* Forum Staff

Curt admin Curt
Administrator
admin Jive
Administrator
Mitz gmod Mitz
Global Moderator