BBB Sponsor

Bass Tackle at Guaranteed Lowest Prices

BBB Sponsors

Authorized AMSOIL Dealer

Your best choice for the Primary Tackle you need!

Fishing Tackle With Guaranteed Best Price!

Garmin Marine Electronics

* Who's Online

• Dot Guests: 190
  • Dot Hidden: 0
  • Dot Users: 0

There aren't any users online.

Author Topic: Locustville Pond  (Read 9645 times)

Offline Curt

• BBB Admin
  • Administrator
  • Largemouth Bass
  • Fish On!
  • Referrals: 264
    • CurtSnow.com
  • My Biggest Bass: LMB - 9 lbs. 2 oz. (RI) 9 lbs. 14 oz. (California Delta) - SMB 5 lbs. 10 oz. (CT)
Locustville Pond
« on: June 08, 2015, 05:37:59 PM »
Fished a club tourney on Locustville Pond this past weekend, 6-6-15.

Time: 5 AM - 12 Noon
Conditions: Mostly Cloudy
Wind: Flat early and then 5-15 MPH
Temperature: 55-65
Water temp: 65-67
Depth: 2-5 feet

This lake is fairly small, but long and narrow, so there's a lot of shoreline and plenty of open water to fish.

Based on my past experiences and my prefishing results the week before, I knew exactly where I wanted to start my day, in the upper end of the lake, where there was abundant weed cover. Because we were limited to our trolling motors, it took me a few minutes to get to that area so I could start fishing.

As I got close to my preferred area, I began chunking a white 3/8 oz. Hawgstomper buzzbait and within a few casts had a fish on, but lost it almost immediately. I had another half-hearted strike on it a minute later but it missed the bait completely. That was it for topwater action for me for the rest of the day.

As I finally got to where I actually wanted to fish, I alternated between the buzzbait, a Ribbit Frog and a homemade spinnerbait. I got my first fish of the morning on the spinnerbait, which was over 2 lbs. After going a short time with no more spinnerbait action, and the fact that it was dead calm, I switched to a 5 inch stick worm, from Lewis & Wright Bass Fishing Technologies, in a color called Shadow (Black with blue & purple flake).

Before long I had fish #2 in the net and heading into the livewell. A few minutes later, fish #3, a nice fat chunk, went into livewell #2, where I keep my kicker fish that I don't expect to have to cull.

I knew I was onto something regarding the area and the presentation, so I kept at it, saturating the area with casts, but working very, very slowly and patiently. I pretty much just threw the worm out and let it sit on the bottom for as long as I could stand it. Before too long, I would see the line start to swim off, or I would feel a thump and then see the line move.

Later in the day, the wind picked up and I tied on a different spinnerbait, that was also homemade, and landed my 5th fish.

All of the fish I had were solid, at 2 lbs. or over, so I knew I had a decent bag of fish!

Later in the day, I hooked one more good keeper on the worm, but it weight 1 3/4 lbs., so it was smaller than what I already had. Over the side it went, back into the lake.

When it was said and done, I had 12.86 lbs. anchored by a 3 1/2 lb. kicker, for the win  (yes)

I was psyched, seeing that this was my second win in a row, after having a dismal start in the opening tournament.

As of this tournament, I have now moved up into first place in the points race and am just 1/4 lb. out of first place for total weight (AOY).

Still a long way to go, though, with 6 tournaments left and some really good anglers in my club, so I need to keep my nose to the grindstone and not let up!

Professionally Designed Websites Starting at Just $99 http://www.ProWebsitesUnlimited.com

Offline Jig Man

• Largemouth Bass
  • BassBoatBoards.com Rocks!
  • Referrals: 0
Re: Locustville Pond
« Reply #1 on: June 09, 2015, 05:39:58 AM »
Way to go Curt.  You're the man. \o/
If you're too busy to go fishing you're too busy!!

Offline Buzzbait

• Guppy
  • BassBoatBoards.com Rocks!
  • Referrals: 0
« Reply #2 on: June 09, 2015, 07:42:04 PM »
congrats Curt! WTG!

Offline Curt

• BBB Admin
  • Administrator
  • Largemouth Bass
  • Fish On!
  • Referrals: 264
    • CurtSnow.com
  • My Biggest Bass: LMB - 9 lbs. 2 oz. (RI) 9 lbs. 14 oz. (California Delta) - SMB 5 lbs. 10 oz. (CT)
« Reply #3 on: June 09, 2015, 09:59:09 PM »
Thanks guys! It sure felt good to win another one  :)

Professionally Designed Websites Starting at Just $99 http://www.ProWebsitesUnlimited.com

* Recent Posts

No posts were found.

* Forum Staff

Curt admin Curt
Administrator
admin Jive
Administrator
Mitz gmod Mitz
Global Moderator
SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal