Bass Boat Mods > Jackplates

Jackplate Height

(1/4) > >>

Curt:
Got out with my boat yesterday afternoon and had a chance to run the outboard at WOT for a bit. I've only been able to do this once before, since installing the jackplate.

My impression so far isn't good. I'm thinking that maybe the height on the plate needs to be lowered. Here's why.

The boat is much more sensitive now when it comes to porpoising. I have to pay way more attention to trim levels and it porpoises a lot easier now.

Also, I tend to have prop blowout while cornering now if I don't trim 100% all the way down.

If I bring the boat down off of plane and make a hard turn and then punch it, it will blow out pretty badly too.

Does it sound to you guys like I need to lower the engine height?

Bullet3119:
Do you have a prop to pad measurement at current height?

JackJ:
Did you set the prop to pad back to the same as it was before the JP?  Start there if you didn't.

And what you are saying does, sound about right for one that is a tad too high.   Maybe knock it down a 1/4" at a time to try.

Curt:

--- Quote from: Bullet3119 on July 23, 2015, 09:07:42 AM ---Do you have a prop to pad measurement at current height?

--- End quote ---

No, I don't have that measurement right now. I will have to get it.

@JackJ From what I could tell, we set the engine height back to what it was before the jackplate was installed. Maybe having the 6 inch setback requires it to be a tad lower than it was previously.

I'll get the prop to pad measurement and post it here when I can.

Thanks guys!

Bullet3119:
As was stated,  drop it 1/4" at a time until it feels right. That'll get you close until you can get it measured.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version