BBB Sponsor

Bass Tackle at Guaranteed Lowest Prices

BBB Sponsors

Authorized AMSOIL Dealer

Your best choice for the Primary Tackle you need!

Fishing Tackle With Guaranteed Best Price!

Garmin Marine Electronics

* Who's Online

• Dot Guests: 235
  • Dot Hidden: 0
  • Dot Users: 0

There aren't any users online.

Author Topic: Got Out Last Night!  (Read 6875 times)

Offline Curt

• BBB Admin
  • Administrator
  • Largemouth Bass
  • Fish On!
  • Referrals: 264
    • CurtSnow.com
  • My Biggest Bass: LMB - 9 lbs. 2 oz. (RI) 9 lbs. 14 oz. (California Delta) - SMB 5 lbs. 10 oz. (CT)
Got Out Last Night!
« on: September 25, 2015, 10:59:56 AM »
Yesterday was in the mid to high 70s here, so I decided to give night fishing another try.

My wife and I hit the road and headed to my favorite night lake in CT. We got onto the water around 5:30 PM and had a quick bite to eat and then I started fishing. Probably close to 6 by the time I got my baits rigged up and started fishing.

The action wasn't fast by any means, but here's what I was rewarded with!

At dusk, I moved into an area that I thought might be good for a spinnerbait bite. Not long after moving into this area, I had the rod almost jerked from both hands by that fat mama  (giggle)

Thankfully I had a good grip on the rod with my left hand, because the fish literally ripped the reel handle out of my hand and jerked the rod sideways when it hit. And I knew as soon as I set the hook that it was a beast of a fish. It pulled hard the entire time I fought it before my wife slid the net under it and hosted it aboard!

I didn't bother weighing it, but it was easily well over 5 lbs.

I only had two other bites, of which I landed 1 of them. That fish was just shy of 3 lbs. and the one I lost also felt like a very good quality fish before it came unbuttoned.

Professionally Designed Websites Starting at Just $99 http://www.ProWebsitesUnlimited.com

Offline Charlie

• Premium Member
  • Bluegill
  • Enjoy each day you never know what tommrow brings
  • Referrals: 0
Re: Got Out Last Night!
« Reply #1 on: September 25, 2015, 03:05:15 PM »
Curt, That is one heck of a nice bass you caught there last night. If I ever caught one that large and weighed that much I would go bonkers.

Offline Curt

• BBB Admin
  • Administrator
  • Largemouth Bass
  • Fish On!
    • CurtSnow.com
  • My Biggest Bass: LMB - 9 lbs. 2 oz. (RI) 9 lbs. 14 oz. (California Delta) - SMB 5 lbs. 10 oz. (CT)
« Reply #2 on: September 25, 2015, 03:16:37 PM »
Curt, That is one heck of a nice bass you caught there last night. If I ever caught one that large and weighed that much I would go bonkers.

Thanks Charlie!

If you ever get to RI be sure to look me up and we'll go fishing  (yes)

Professionally Designed Websites Starting at Just $99 http://www.ProWebsitesUnlimited.com

Offline Charlie

• Premium Member
  • Bluegill
  • Enjoy each day you never know what tommrow brings
  • Referrals: 0
« Reply #3 on: September 26, 2015, 03:40:30 PM »
I used to go blue and stripper fishing out of Conn.years ago. That's when I lived in Rockland County, just over the Tappan Z Bridge. I really don't come down that way to often any more Curt but if your up this way and want to fish on the river my door is open to you and your wife. If you do Facebook look me up under Chas.Northrup..

Offline Curt

• BBB Admin
  • Administrator
  • Largemouth Bass
  • Fish On!
    • CurtSnow.com
« Reply #4 on: September 26, 2015, 08:13:35 PM »
I used to go blue and stripper fishing out of Conn.years ago. That's when I lived in Rockland County, just over the Tappan Z Bridge. I really don't come down that way to often any more Curt but if your up this way and want to fish on the river my door is open to you and your wife. If you do Facebook look me up under Chas.Northrup..

Thanks Charlie!  :thumbup:

Tags:

* Recent Posts

No posts were found.

* Forum Staff

Curt admin Curt
Administrator
admin Jive
Administrator
Mitz gmod Mitz
Global Moderator
SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal