BBB Sponsor

Bass Tackle at Guaranteed Lowest Prices

BBB Sponsors

Authorized AMSOIL Dealer

Your best choice for the Primary Tackle you need!

Fishing Tackle With Guaranteed Best Price!

Garmin Marine Electronics

* Who's Online

• Dot Guests: 172
  • Dot Hidden: 0
  • Dot Users: 0

There aren't any users online.

Author Topic: Boat Update Bucket List  (Read 9010 times)

Offline Curt

• BBB Admin
  • Administrator
  • Largemouth Bass
  • Fish On!
  • Referrals: 264
    • CurtSnow.com
  • My Biggest Bass: LMB - 9 lbs. 2 oz. (RI) 9 lbs. 14 oz. (California Delta) - SMB 5 lbs. 10 oz. (CT)
Boat Update Bucket List
« on: September 25, 2015, 03:27:22 PM »
Hey guys, as we get closer to fall, and then winter, here in New England, I've started putting a little bucket list together of things that I'd like to change or update on my boat during the cold months. Not sure how many of them will actually get done, but here is my list, in no particular order.

• Install Recessed Trolling Motor Pedal Tray
  • Finish installing my LED light kit
  • Install at least one more cup holder somewhere, since the boat only came with one
  • See if maybe I can add some kind of storage to the step that goes up to my front deck

Like I said, I'm not sure how many of these things will actually get done, but I know for sure that the LED light kit will get installed, and hopefully the recessed trolling motor pedal tray will get done too. The rest are on the wish list for now  ;)

How about you? Got any boat projects planned for the winter months?

Professionally Designed Websites Starting at Just $99 http://www.ProWebsitesUnlimited.com

Offline Eric Low

• Smallmouth Bass
  • BassBoatBoards.com Rocks!
  • Referrals: 0
Re: Boat Update Bucket List
« Reply #1 on: September 25, 2015, 05:49:37 PM »
Used a boat the other day that did not have a recessed TM. I can understand the hesitation to cut ..........but it is well worth it. It will be like when you finally buy quality rain gear; "why did I wait so long?"

Offline Jig Man

• Largemouth Bass
  • BassBoatBoards.com Rocks!
« Reply #2 on: September 26, 2015, 07:47:17 AM »
I sure hope not.  Last winter I had the carpet replaced, new seat bases, new pedestals, and a new actuator.  I just found a broken brake line and had it replaced.  While they were doing that they noticed my bushings in my spring assembly were shot so I am taking it back on Wed for that work to be done.  Then I thing all is finished except keeping tires on it (unless I blow the motor).
If you're too busy to go fishing you're too busy!!

Offline Curt

• BBB Admin
  • Administrator
  • Largemouth Bass
  • Fish On!
  • Referrals: 264
    • CurtSnow.com
  • My Biggest Bass: LMB - 9 lbs. 2 oz. (RI) 9 lbs. 14 oz. (California Delta) - SMB 5 lbs. 10 oz. (CT)
« Reply #3 on: September 26, 2015, 08:02:09 PM »
Used a boat the other day that did not have a recessed TM. I can understand the hesitation to cut ..........but it is well worth it. It will be like when you finally buy quality rain gear; "why did I wait so long?"

My main reason for not doing it yet is due to what I was told by G3. Apparently there is a deck support right where I will need to cut. And since my decks are aluminum, all of the supports are also tubular aluminum too. So this means I'll need to figure out a way to reinforce everything once I make all the cuts.

G3 told me they don't recommend installing a recessed tray on my model boat for this reason. But I figure if I do it right, it won't have any negative impact on the boat over the ling haul.

Just not quite sure yet what would be the best way to deal with the cut supports  (hmm)

Oh, and I remembered today at least one other thing for the winter too. I bought a set of retractable transom tie-downs that bolt to my trailer, so I need to get those installed this winter too!

Professionally Designed Websites Starting at Just $99 http://www.ProWebsitesUnlimited.com

Offline Charlie

• Premium Member
  • Bluegill
  • Enjoy each day you never know what tommrow brings
« Reply #4 on: September 27, 2015, 11:29:38 AM »
I'm going to install the NewPro V-T2 livewell ventilation system. I have heard nothing but good reviews about this product as it removes harmful gases, cools livewell temps and increases dissolved oxygen. Now all I have to do is catch'em, which I'm not having to much luck with.

Tags:

* Recent Posts

No posts were found.

* Forum Staff

Curt admin Curt
Administrator
admin Jive
Administrator
Mitz gmod Mitz
Global Moderator
SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal