BBB Sponsor

Bass Tackle at Guaranteed Lowest Prices

BBB Sponsors

Authorized AMSOIL Dealer

Your best choice for the Primary Tackle you need!

Fishing Tackle With Guaranteed Best Price!

Garmin Marine Electronics

* Who's Online

• Dot Guests: 268
  • Dot Hidden: 0
  • Dot Users: 0

There aren't any users online.

Author Topic: Indian Lake - South Kingstown  (Read 8648 times)

Offline Curt

• BBB Admin
  • Administrator
  • Largemouth Bass
  • Fish On!
  • Referrals: 264
    • CurtSnow.com
  • My Biggest Bass: LMB - 9 lbs. 2 oz. (RI) 9 lbs. 14 oz. (California Delta) - SMB 5 lbs. 10 oz. (CT)
Indian Lake - South Kingstown
« on: September 28, 2015, 11:21:09 AM »
Fished a club tourney here Saturday, 9-26-15

We had a massive cold front blow through Friday night, so we were greeted with winds out of the northeast for the entire day.

Air Temp: 52 - 68
Water Temp: 63-65
Skies - mostly sunny
Winds: 5-15 NNE
Depth: 2-5 FOW

This is a shallow lake, so there was no really deep water to target to try to find fish that were not affected by the front.

Deep is relative, though, so I targeted fish in "deeper" water. It paid off with a limit 90 minutes into the tourney. Unfortunately, 4 out of my 5 fish were very small, as in 12-13 inches. On the bright side, I did have one that was over 2 lbs.

I kept fishing slowly and patiently and managed to upgrade a couple of times, but still had 3 pretty small fish at the end of the day. My total weight was about 7 1/2 lbs. and my big fish was only 2 1/4 lbs.  (fp)

But the good news was that the top weight for the tourney was only 8.91 lbs. and the tourney lunker was only 2.44 lbs. So I wasn't off by much.

All of my fish were caught on 6 inch worms in open water, with the exception of one that was caught fairly tight to shore on one of the lake's islands.

Not a bad day overall. I just wish I could have connected with a kicker somewhere to bump my weight up a bit more.

Professionally Designed Websites Starting at Just $99 http://www.ProWebsitesUnlimited.com

Tags:

* Recent Posts

No posts were found.

* Forum Staff

Curt admin Curt
Administrator
admin Jive
Administrator
Mitz gmod Mitz
Global Moderator
SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal