Fishing Reports & Tournament Listings by State > Rhode Island Fishing Reports & Tournament Listings

Indian Lake - South Kingstown

(1/1)

Curt:
Fished a club tourney here Saturday, 9-26-15

We had a massive cold front blow through Friday night, so we were greeted with winds out of the northeast for the entire day.

Air Temp: 52 - 68
Water Temp: 63-65
Skies - mostly sunny
Winds: 5-15 NNE
Depth: 2-5 FOW

This is a shallow lake, so there was no really deep water to target to try to find fish that were not affected by the front.

Deep is relative, though, so I targeted fish in "deeper" water. It paid off with a limit 90 minutes into the tourney. Unfortunately, 4 out of my 5 fish were very small, as in 12-13 inches. On the bright side, I did have one that was over 2 lbs.

I kept fishing slowly and patiently and managed to upgrade a couple of times, but still had 3 pretty small fish at the end of the day. My total weight was about 7 1/2 lbs. and my big fish was only 2 1/4 lbs.  (fp)

But the good news was that the top weight for the tourney was only 8.91 lbs. and the tourney lunker was only 2.44 lbs. So I wasn't off by much.

All of my fish were caught on 6 inch worms in open water, with the exception of one that was caught fairly tight to shore on one of the lake's islands.

Not a bad day overall. I just wish I could have connected with a kicker somewhere to bump my weight up a bit more.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

Go to full version