Electronics Forums > Humminbird Forum

Humminbird 899

(1/3) > >>

clvalent:
Every once and a while my 899 depth will be very wrong. It will say I'm in several hundred feet of water when it's not nearly that deep. I have attached a picture to show what I mean. Any ideas on what's goin on here?

JackJ:
I get that when I am too shallow for it to work properly?  How deep of water were you in?

clvalent:
It does it even when I'm out deeper in like 20 feet. Not just when I'm shallow. I was prob in 6-8 feet during this picture

Curt:

--- Quote from: clvalent on October 28, 2015, 02:29:58 PM ---Every once and a while my 899 depth will be very wrong. It will say I'm in several hundred feet of water when it's not nearly that deep. I have attached a picture to show what I mean. Any ideas on what's goin on here?

--- End quote ---

Do you have another Humminbird on the boat? Sometimes two units running on the same or a very similar frequency will interfere with each other, causing incorrect depth readings.

clvalent:
Ya. I have an 859 up front. However. If the frequencies cause interferences wouldnt I have the same problem up front?? Because the front unit has never done this. Except in very shallow water.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version