BBB Sponsor

Bass Tackle at Guaranteed Lowest Prices

BBB Sponsors

Authorized AMSOIL Dealer

Your best choice for the Primary Tackle you need!

Fishing Tackle With Guaranteed Best Price!

Garmin Marine Electronics

* Who's Online

• Dot Guests: 304
  • Dot Hidden: 0
  • Dot Users: 0

There aren't any users online.

Author Topic: Speaking of Fluoro  (Read 14235 times)

Offline Curt

• BBB Admin
  • Administrator
  • Largemouth Bass
  • Fish On!
  • Referrals: 264
    • CurtSnow.com
  • My Biggest Bass: LMB - 9 lbs. 2 oz. (RI) 9 lbs. 14 oz. (California Delta) - SMB 5 lbs. 10 oz. (CT)
Speaking of Fluoro
« on: January 27, 2015, 11:28:09 AM »
I've tried a few different brands of fluorocarbon line over the last 10 years or so.

I finally settled on one that works really well for me. It's the Bass Pro Shops fluoro.

This stuff is inexpensive compared to the big brands and just plain works for me. I've never had it fail and it lasts for what seems like forever.

Give it a try if you're looking for a fluoro that won't break the bank but still performs well :)

Professionally Designed Websites Starting at Just $99 http://www.ProWebsitesUnlimited.com

Jimmy RodandReel

Re: Speaking of Fluoro
« Reply #1 on: January 27, 2015, 11:53:26 AM »
I must have gotten a bad batch/run of it when I tried it. It didn't work for me......I used the 12pnd test and had nothings but problems with it.  It seemed like I was always have to retie even when not catching fish or fishing the brush pile and rocks. And heaven help me if I bowed up on a good fish with BPS FC. That stuff sounds like a firecracker going off.  :-[

Offline Curt

• BBB Admin
  • Administrator
  • Largemouth Bass
  • Fish On!
    • CurtSnow.com
  • My Biggest Bass: LMB - 9 lbs. 2 oz. (RI) 9 lbs. 14 oz. (California Delta) - SMB 5 lbs. 10 oz. (CT)
« Reply #2 on: January 27, 2015, 01:26:01 PM »
I must have gotten a bad batch/run of it when I tried it. It didn't work for me......I used the 12pnd test and had nothings but problems with it.  It seemed like I was always have to retie even when not catching fish or fishing the brush pile and rocks. And heaven help me if I bowed up on a good fish with BPS FC. That stuff sounds like a firecracker going off.  :-[

Huh.. that's a bummer  :(

I've been using it for a few years now and have had ZERO problems with it.

Professionally Designed Websites Starting at Just $99 http://www.ProWebsitesUnlimited.com

Offline jbstuart

• Guppy
  • Swap the XBOX for a TACKLE BOX!!!
  • Referrals: 0
  • My Biggest Bass: 9lb Largemouth / 5lb Spot / 3lb Crappie
« Reply #3 on: January 27, 2015, 11:59:10 PM »
I have used Seaguar Red Label and have been thoroughly happy with it.  I have recently tried some of the gamma flouro but cant afford to put it on my reels as often as I change the line out.

Offline bscravens

• Guppy
  • BassBoatBoards.com Rocks!
« Reply #4 on: January 28, 2015, 07:36:59 AM »
One day, hopefully I'll be rich enough to not have to use a mono backer for my FC!  I haven't fell in love with one or the other brand yet...SunLine seems tougher, but Seaguar is a lot easier to handle. Seaguar ties a knot a lot better, and seems to cast smoother, especially when it's fresh.

Offline 8pointduck

• Guppy
« Reply #5 on: January 29, 2015, 09:57:27 PM »
I have been using Seaguar

Offline Curt

• BBB Admin
  • Administrator
  • Largemouth Bass
  • Fish On!
    • CurtSnow.com
« Reply #6 on: January 29, 2015, 11:23:29 PM »
I have been using Seaguar

And how do like it?

Offline Jig Man

• Largemouth Bass
« Reply #7 on: February 06, 2015, 10:00:07 PM »
When I use fluro I use the BPS.  It is as good as Seaguar in my opinion.  However, I rarely use it because I don't like it.
If you're too busy to go fishing you're too busy!!

Offline pondhopper424

• Bluegill
« Reply #8 on: February 07, 2015, 05:27:29 AM »
I primarily fish two kinds of cover; weeds and timber. I fish with two kinds of line; BPS fluorocarbon and Power Pro braid. Love’em both! (y)

Jake Grey

« Reply #9 on: February 25, 2015, 07:09:59 PM »
I really like the BPS Fluoro for baitcasting.  I prefer Berkley Trilene 100% Fluorocarbon for spinning reels.

Jake

Offline RedAllison

• Smallmouth Bass
  • My Biggest Bass: 9#13oz. Mar/04, MS. Jig&pig
« Reply #10 on: February 25, 2015, 07:15:15 PM »
I'm pretty sure Seguar makes BPS' XPS floro, but I have no idea which particular line of theirs it is. I've used both Seguars red and blue label as well as XPS' (have used it for years!). I annually respool 5-6 rods with Floro and this year I went cheap and tried the Spiderwire Floro at Wallyworld ($7-$8 a spool?) but I've only used it a couple of times so far this season, I'll wait until fall before I give it a "yay or nay".
AllisonOwners.net

Offline Curt

• BBB Admin
  • Administrator
  • Largemouth Bass
  • Fish On!
    • CurtSnow.com
« Reply #11 on: February 25, 2015, 11:21:22 PM »
I really like the BPS Fluoro for baitcasting.  I prefer Berkley Trilene 100% Fluorocarbon for spinning reels.

Jake

Ditto with the BPS Fluoro for baitcasters. I used to use the Berkley 100% Fluoro until I tried the BPS stuff. And I don't use fluoro on my spinning gear. Those get good ol' Stren on them  (y)

Offline clvalent

• Guppy
« Reply #12 on: February 26, 2015, 06:41:59 AM »
I used to use the BPS fluoro and now i use viscious fluoro. half the price and i have no complaints about the switch
1999 Ranger 518DVX w 200hp Optimax
2011 F-150 Lariat

Offline Curt

• BBB Admin
  • Administrator
  • Largemouth Bass
  • Fish On!
    • CurtSnow.com
« Reply #13 on: February 26, 2015, 10:17:57 AM »
I used to use the BPS fluoro and now i use viscious fluoro. half the price and i have no complaints about the switch

Seriously, @clvalent? Cheaper than the BPS line?  (hmm)

I might have to check that out and see how I like it  (yes)
« Last Edit: February 27, 2015, 02:58:00 PM by Curt »

Offline Curt

• BBB Admin
  • Administrator
  • Largemouth Bass
  • Fish On!
    • CurtSnow.com
« Reply #14 on: February 26, 2015, 10:21:50 AM »
@clvalent, I checked TW and found 2 different types of fluoro from Vicious Fishing.

Which One of these Is It?
« Last Edit: February 27, 2015, 02:58:50 PM by Curt »

Tags: fluorocarbon fluoro 

* Recent Posts

No posts were found.

* Forum Staff

Curt admin Curt
Administrator
admin Jive
Administrator
Mitz gmod Mitz
Global Moderator
SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal