Bass Fishing Forums > Bass Fishing Tips & Techniques

Speaking of Fluoro

(1/3) > >>

Curt:
I've tried a few different brands of fluorocarbon line over the last 10 years or so.

I finally settled on one that works really well for me. It's the Bass Pro Shops fluoro.

This stuff is inexpensive compared to the big brands and just plain works for me. I've never had it fail and it lasts for what seems like forever.

Give it a try if you're looking for a fluoro that won't break the bank but still performs well :)

Jimmy RodandReel:
I must have gotten a bad batch/run of it when I tried it. It didn't work for me......I used the 12pnd test and had nothings but problems with it.  It seemed like I was always have to retie even when not catching fish or fishing the brush pile and rocks. And heaven help me if I bowed up on a good fish with BPS FC. That stuff sounds like a firecracker going off.  :-[

Curt:

--- Quote from: Jimmy RodandReel on January 27, 2015, 11:53:26 AM ---I must have gotten a bad batch/run of it when I tried it. It didn't work for me......I used the 12pnd test and had nothings but problems with it.  It seemed like I was always have to retie even when not catching fish or fishing the brush pile and rocks. And heaven help me if I bowed up on a good fish with BPS FC. That stuff sounds like a firecracker going off.  :-[

--- End quote ---

Huh.. that's a bummer  :(

I've been using it for a few years now and have had ZERO problems with it.

jbstuart:
I have used Seaguar Red Label and have been thoroughly happy with it.  I have recently tried some of the gamma flouro but cant afford to put it on my reels as often as I change the line out.

bscravens:
One day, hopefully I'll be rich enough to not have to use a mono backer for my FC!  I haven't fell in love with one or the other brand yet...SunLine seems tougher, but Seaguar is a lot easier to handle. Seaguar ties a knot a lot better, and seems to cast smoother, especially when it's fresh.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version