Bass Fishing Forums > Fishing Line

Braid

<< < (2/11) > >>

Curt:
Is this the one you use? You use it for braid, mono and fluoro?

And this for joining lines?

pondhopper424:
Two things to consider about my fishing; 1) do to the size of my boat I only carry 5 rods, 2) most of the water I fish is stained to muddy. 2 rods braid, 3 Fluro.
If I am fishing jigs or plastic in the weeds I use 30# Power Pro braid. Most anything else I use 10# Fluro. I know for most that may seem lightweight but I have never lost a fish due to a broken line and I have pulled some 6 to 8 pound bass out of some mighty heavy weeds.

Jig Man:
Yes Curt. Those are the knots I use.  However, I do 5 wraps with the Pitzen and 6 with the Alberto's.  On that Pitzen, I hold the loop in my off hand and let the bait swing around the line to make the wraps instead of wrapping them by hand.   That is why I can tie that knot with gloves on. 

After watching that video I think you can see why I use the double Surgeon's instead of the Alberto's in the boat.

JackJ:
I could not imagine NOT using braid, especially on my swim jig setups.   Looks like you were using that really stiff stuff curt.

I like using Power Pro or Suffix 887.  And I tie a regular palamor with no issues.

I like using the braid scissors and actually use them on all my line.

Curt:

--- Quote from: JackJ on November 23, 2015, 09:30:01 AM ---
I like using the braid scissors and actually use them on all my line.

--- End quote ---

I have never had to carry scissors, since I use my teeth on mono and fluoro  (giggle)

So this would explain why I view having to carry scissors a nuisance.  (shrug)

Due to the feedback here, though, I might be buying some Power Pro during the winter to try in the spring, especially on bottom baits, like jigs and soft plastics.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version