BBB Sponsor

Bass Tackle at Guaranteed Lowest Prices

BBB Sponsors

Authorized AMSOIL Dealer

Your best choice for the Primary Tackle you need!

Fishing Tackle With Guaranteed Best Price!

Garmin Marine Electronics

* Who's Online

• Dot Guests: 170
  • Dot Hidden: 0
  • Dot Users: 0

There aren't any users online.

Author Topic: Another Fishing Line Review Posted!!  (Read 31230 times)

Offline Curt

• BBB Admin
  • Administrator
  • Largemouth Bass
  • Fish On!
  • Referrals: 264
    • CurtSnow.com
  • My Biggest Bass: LMB - 9 lbs. 2 oz. (RI) 9 lbs. 14 oz. (California Delta) - SMB 5 lbs. 10 oz. (CT)
Another Fishing Line Review Posted!!
« on: December 22, 2015, 10:12:37 AM »
If you fish with fluorocarbon line, be sure to check this out.

http://www.tackletest.com/vicious-fishing-fluorocarbon-fishing-line-review

Professionally Designed Websites Starting at Just $99 http://www.ProWebsitesUnlimited.com

Offline JackJ

• Largemouth Bass
  • Referrals: 0
    • Alabama Fishing
  • My Biggest Bass: 9-3
Re: Another Fishing Line Review Posted!!
« Reply #1 on: December 22, 2015, 10:53:51 AM »
I have had similar experience with that line.   

I have pretty much stuck with Sunline for all my Fluro and have been pretty happy with it.
2016 Phoenix 618 Pro
Mercury 175 Pro XS

Offline Curt

• BBB Admin
  • Administrator
  • Largemouth Bass
  • Fish On!
    • CurtSnow.com
  • My Biggest Bass: LMB - 9 lbs. 2 oz. (RI) 9 lbs. 14 oz. (California Delta) - SMB 5 lbs. 10 oz. (CT)
« Reply #2 on: December 22, 2015, 11:51:32 AM »
I have had similar experience with that line.   

I have pretty much stuck with Sunline for all my Fluro and have been pretty happy with it.

@JackJ You're the second person today that has stated having a similar experience with this line. And you're also the second person who has recommended Sunline. Looks like I need to try Sunline in 2016!  :nod:

Professionally Designed Websites Starting at Just $99 http://www.ProWebsitesUnlimited.com

Offline JackJ

• Largemouth Bass
    • Alabama Fishing
« Reply #3 on: December 22, 2015, 04:11:00 PM »
I even use the cheaper Sunline Super Fluorocarbon and have had very good luck with it.  I think it's the best "cheap" fluro out there.   its only $15.00 a spool for 200yrds.    http://www.tacklewarehouse.com/Sunline_Super_Fluorocarbon/descpage-SLSF2.html

I have yet to try the Sunline Sniper FC due to cost, but if its any better than the Super it should be really good.
« Last Edit: December 22, 2015, 04:32:01 PM by Curt »
2016 Phoenix 618 Pro
Mercury 175 Pro XS

Offline Curt

• BBB Admin
  • Administrator
  • Largemouth Bass
  • Fish On!
    • CurtSnow.com
« Reply #4 on: December 22, 2015, 04:37:08 PM »
Thanks Jack! I think I'll buy some very soon. And I like the price structure that lets you buy more than 3x the amount of line for a 50% price increase, when compared to the 200 yd. spool.

I'm like you when it comes to buying tackle. I try to do everything based on a common sense budget approach. I know there are some areas where you definitely get what you pay for, but if you shop around and try stuff that's less than top-of-the-line, you can find some real sleepers out there  (yes)

And paying $20 for 200 yards of line really irks me, so I refuse to do it unless I'm in a bind.

Offline lfarley

• Guppy
  • BassBoatBoards.com Rocks!
« Reply #5 on: December 23, 2015, 09:51:52 PM »
I have also had very good results with both segar red and stren fluorocarbon in 8 # test for leaders on my spinning reels.  I use 10# braid with about a 15 to 20 foot leader as I can retie many times with out having to retie a new leader.

Offline Curt

• BBB Admin
  • Administrator
  • Largemouth Bass
  • Fish On!
    • CurtSnow.com
« Reply #6 on: December 25, 2015, 09:48:54 AM »
I have also had very good results with both segar red and stren fluorocarbon in 8 # test for leaders on my spinning reels.  I use 10# braid with about a 15 to 20 foot leader as I can retie many times with out having to retie a new leader.

@lfarley Thanks!

Offline Curt

• BBB Admin
  • Administrator
  • Largemouth Bass
  • Fish On!
    • CurtSnow.com
« Reply #7 on: March 24, 2016, 11:42:55 AM »
I called Vicious Fishing about two weeks ago to let them know about my terrible experience with their line.

They said that the particular line I bought is their cheapest fluorocarbon line, so it's not their best product. But they also said it should not have fallen apart like that. So, they offered to send me a new spool of their higher grade fluoro to make up for the trouble I had and to give me a chance to try their better product.

I got it in the mail yesterday and I'm anxious to give it a try soon. It's called Vicious Fishing Pro Elite 100% Fluorocarbon.

I will be writing a review on it once I've given it a thorough workout  :nod:

Offline JackJ

• Largemouth Bass
    • Alabama Fishing
« Reply #8 on: March 24, 2016, 12:03:33 PM »
I would be curious to know.   I looked up the pricing and it's the exact same as Sunline Sniper FC @ $21.99 for 200 yrds at Tackle Warehouse which I know is really good line, so if I was paying that much I would for sure stick with the Sniper.

The Sunline Super is only $14.99 and has served me well though, so not sure I will ever change.

2016 Phoenix 618 Pro
Mercury 175 Pro XS

Offline Curt

• BBB Admin
  • Administrator
  • Largemouth Bass
  • Fish On!
    • CurtSnow.com
« Reply #9 on: March 24, 2016, 01:23:05 PM »

The Sunline Super is only $14.99 and has served me well though, so not sure I will ever change.

I don't blame you, Jack. I'm a subscriber to the "if it's not broken, don't fix it" theory.  :nod:

Offline JackJ

• Largemouth Bass
    • Alabama Fishing
« Reply #10 on: March 24, 2016, 05:32:48 PM »
I just found out Sunline makes Gander Mountain house brand.   Anyone use it?
2016 Phoenix 618 Pro
Mercury 175 Pro XS

Offline pondhopper424

• Bluegill
« Reply #11 on: March 25, 2016, 04:48:27 AM »
Next time I “cross the river” I will make a trip to Gander Mountain and take a look at their line. I have used XPS for several years and really like the stuff, but the price has gone up $10 a spool in the last 5 years. $21 for 150 yards is a bit steep.

Offline Curt

• BBB Admin
  • Administrator
  • Largemouth Bass
  • Fish On!
    • CurtSnow.com
« Reply #12 on: March 25, 2016, 09:31:37 AM »
I just found out Sunline makes Gander Mountain house brand.   Anyone use it?

I had someone else mention that to me and they said it's awesome line!

Offline Curt

• BBB Admin
  • Administrator
  • Largemouth Bass
  • Fish On!
    • CurtSnow.com
« Reply #13 on: March 25, 2016, 09:33:23 AM »
I have used XPS for several years and really like the stuff, but the price has gone up $10 a spool in the last 5 years. $21 for 150 yards is a bit steep.

Same here! I really like the XPS line, but the price increase is a bit ridiculous. I won't pay it.

I also don't want to do business with Bass Pro any longer, since they abruptly dropped my affiliate partnership with them for no reason whatsoever and never let me know about it.  (nope)

Offline fishon-son

• Smallmouth Bass
« Reply #14 on: March 25, 2016, 10:45:42 PM »
ive never tried that line ..I'm a mono guy..hard to beat xt...I do use spider wire on my walleye jigging rod for the Detroit river but 6,8,12 and 20 lb text in mono is whats going for me.....anyone have knots break with flouro line ive heard that happens...?

Tags:

* Recent Posts

No posts were found.

* Forum Staff

Curt admin Curt
Administrator
admin Jive
Administrator
Mitz gmod Mitz
Global Moderator
SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal