BBB Sponsor

Bass Tackle at Guaranteed Lowest Prices

BBB Sponsors

Authorized AMSOIL Dealer

Your best choice for the Primary Tackle you need!

Fishing Tackle With Guaranteed Best Price!

Garmin Marine Electronics

* Who's Online

• Dot Guests: 181
  • Dot Hidden: 0
  • Dot Users: 0

There aren't any users online.

Author Topic: Another Fishing Line Review Posted!!  (Read 31232 times)

Offline pondhopper424

• Bluegill
  • BassBoatBoards.com Rocks!
  • Referrals: 0
Re: Another Fishing Line Review Posted!!
« Reply #15 on: March 26, 2016, 04:49:27 AM »
Actually I have had less knot problems with the floro than with mono. I have broken the floro a couple of times but it was never with a fish on.

Offline Curt

• BBB Admin
  • Administrator
  • Largemouth Bass
  • Fish On!
  • Referrals: 264
    • CurtSnow.com
  • My Biggest Bass: LMB - 9 lbs. 2 oz. (RI) 9 lbs. 14 oz. (California Delta) - SMB 5 lbs. 10 oz. (CT)
« Reply #16 on: March 27, 2016, 06:23:10 PM »
I've never had a knot break with fluoro. When I first started using it, I used to tie the Palomar knot. After a couple of seasons, I switched to the improved clinch knot. I just make sure the line is good and moist, and I cinch it down slowly, so as not to create too much friction, and I"m good to go.

I use mono on most setups, but have one with fluoro. I think I will add a second fluoro setup this year for soft stick worms, since bass tend to inhale them and swallow them if you don't detect the bite quickly enough.

Professionally Designed Websites Starting at Just $99 http://www.ProWebsitesUnlimited.com

Offline JackJ

• Largemouth Bass
    • Alabama Fishing
  • My Biggest Bass: 9-3
« Reply #17 on: March 28, 2016, 09:04:27 AM »
Fluoro on nearly all my setups, I can't recall ever having it break at the knot.   Most of the time I have a break, which is rare, its due to my laziness of not retying when I should have after a long time of fishing in the rocks.
2016 Phoenix 618 Pro
Mercury 175 Pro XS

Offline Curt

• BBB Admin
  • Administrator
  • Largemouth Bass
  • Fish On!
    • CurtSnow.com
  • My Biggest Bass: LMB - 9 lbs. 2 oz. (RI) 9 lbs. 14 oz. (California Delta) - SMB 5 lbs. 10 oz. (CT)
« Reply #18 on: March 28, 2016, 10:27:17 AM »
Most of the time I have a break, which is rare, its due to my laziness of not retying when I should have after a long time of fishing in the rocks.

Exact same here. I'm a fanatic about checking my line and re-tying, but I will occasionally forget. And if I do, I will usually regret it  (fp) (giggle)

Professionally Designed Websites Starting at Just $99 http://www.ProWebsitesUnlimited.com

Offline JackJ

• Largemouth Bass
    • Alabama Fishing
« Reply #19 on: March 15, 2017, 03:17:32 PM »
I know its an old topic.   But I finally broke down and bought some 14lb Sunline FC Sniper line.
I used it at Soggy Bottom knowing I would catch a lot of fish to give it a good test, and I am here to say this line is awesome!
The smoothness and castability as well as the sensitivity is the best I have ever used.
I just wish it wasn't so expensive, but I am for sure changing out all of my worm reels line to it.

Curt did you ever try the new line better line Viscous sent you?

2016 Phoenix 618 Pro
Mercury 175 Pro XS

Offline frugalangler

• Smallmouth Bass
  • Play hard, Fish harder!!!!!
    • Club website
« Reply #20 on: March 15, 2017, 10:13:00 PM »
Next time I “cross the river” I will make a trip to Gander Mountain and take a look at their line. I have used XPS for several years and really like the stuff, but the price has gone up $10 a spool in the last 5 years. $21 for 150 yards is a bit steep.
Go quick, Gander Mountain is closing it's doors sometime in 2017! Such a shame!
FrugalAngler
Ranger198VX/Yamaha VMax
Jeep Grand Cherokee EcoDiesel

Offline Curt

• BBB Admin
  • Administrator
  • Largemouth Bass
  • Fish On!
    • CurtSnow.com
« Reply #21 on: March 16, 2017, 09:58:24 AM »
@JackJ I did use the line that Vicious sent me as a replacement. It was MUCH better than the other stuff. Behaved nicely and had a good feel to it. No problems with fraying, etc. My only gripe is that it's pricey.

I'm still experimenting with a few different brands of fluoro to try to find a happy medium regarding price and quality.  :nod:

Offline JackJ

• Largemouth Bass
    • Alabama Fishing
« Reply #22 on: March 16, 2017, 10:05:11 AM »
Go quick, Gander Mountain is closing it's doors sometime in 2017! Such a shame!

Yep the one here is one of the ones slated to close.   I would go in there at lunch to browse but I don't think I ever bought anything.  Prices were way too high.

Right when they opened here a few years back a local competitor store bought a huge sign right in front of Gander that said "Woods and Water, Better prices better service!!".  It has been there since, lol

I hate any store is closing, but in Tuscaloosa we really aren't losing anything.   
2016 Phoenix 618 Pro
Mercury 175 Pro XS

Offline bullet20dc

• Smallmouth Bass
  • politically correct impaired
  • Referrals: 2
    • hvbm.org
« Reply #23 on: March 16, 2017, 04:57:58 PM »
i been using seagar floro for a few years now but its too expensive  and on my baitcasters if u get a backlash i can guarrantee a few casts later that lure is gonna go 200 yards and not attached to your reel   that line does like being folded in a loop  so Im looking for a new line for bait casters. how is the sunline in your opinion   I know theyre all good on spinning reels
Ranger Z521C w 250 SHO

Offline andyfender

• Guppy
« Reply #24 on: March 16, 2017, 05:09:32 PM »
I also use Seaquar Invizx FC on my reels, mostly spinning reels without any issues. On baitcasters I tried Invizx, Gander Man, Berkley all have good and bad points. Like Bullet said one backlash and your done! The stuff is also expensive and honestly it does have stretch. I only use it on my bottom baits, fro cranks, jerks, spinnerbaits, top water I use Izorline. A very good co-poly. Very inexpensive.

Offline JackJ

• Largemouth Bass
    • Alabama Fishing
« Reply #25 on: March 16, 2017, 05:51:06 PM »
Sunline is for sure my favorite.  The Sunline Super I used for years was really good, but on about two occasions I had a lure go flying too (that was over about a 5 year period so really not that bad).   I think thats just the nature of fluro and I try if I pick out a backlash to not let it knot up any to avoid that.

Now so far on this FC Sniper, I have yet to get a backlash, but have only used it on three trips.  It seems to come off the spool a lot more smoother.
2016 Phoenix 618 Pro
Mercury 175 Pro XS

Offline Curt

• BBB Admin
  • Administrator
  • Largemouth Bass
  • Fish On!
    • CurtSnow.com
« Reply #26 on: March 17, 2017, 09:23:35 AM »
For my baitcasters, if I'm not using Fluoro, I am using Sufix Siege. I like the Smoke Green color. 17 lb. test for spinnerbaits, etc. 14 lb. test for Senko style baits and other soft plastics that are less apt to be fished in heavy cover.

I also started using 10 lb. Siege on my spinning rods last year. Great line all the way around.

The Siege line hasn't failed me a single time. And best of all, it's not ridiculously expensive like some lines these days.

I was doing some comparison shopping last night and found that Tackle Warehouse actually beats Amazon's price on this line.

Sufix Siege

Offline Eric Low

• Smallmouth Bass
« Reply #27 on: March 17, 2017, 09:55:52 AM »
Palomar knot not the best with floro. The only time I use it is on my drop shot. The 2 power rod is forgiving enough for it but still retie often.

Offline andyfender

• Guppy
« Reply #28 on: March 17, 2017, 02:44:02 PM »
For my baitcasters, if I'm not using Fluoro, I am using Sufix Siege. I like the Smoke Green color. 17 lb. test for spinnerbaits, etc. 14 lb. test for Senko style baits and other soft plastics that are less apt to be fished in heavy cover.

I also started using 10 lb. Siege on my spinning rods last year. Great line all the way around.

The Siege line hasn't failed me a single time. And best of all, it's not ridiculously expensive like some lines these days.

I was doing some comparison shopping last night and found that Tackle Warehouse actually beats Amazon's price on this line.

Sufix Siege

I think FC has been a marketing gem!

Offline bullet20dc

• Smallmouth Bass
  • politically correct impaired
  • Referrals: 2
    • hvbm.org
« Reply #29 on: March 17, 2017, 05:02:49 PM »
nah I know I get more activity on floro  mostly use it for leader now using the albright knot,  palamar and clinch are not good with floro  I have a few spooled with straight floro for deeper crankbaits and spinnerbaits but this invizex is too brittle I need something better.  I do love them 200 yard casts just wish the line was still attached to my reel  when it landed   (angryman)
Ranger Z521C w 250 SHO

Tags:

* Recent Posts

No posts were found.

* Forum Staff

Curt admin Curt
Administrator
admin Jive
Administrator
Mitz gmod Mitz
Global Moderator
SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal