BBB Sponsor

Bass Tackle at Guaranteed Lowest Prices

BBB Sponsors

Authorized AMSOIL Dealer

Your best choice for the Primary Tackle you need!

Fishing Tackle With Guaranteed Best Price!

Garmin Marine Electronics

* Who's Online

• Dot Guests: 173
  • Dot Hidden: 0
  • Dot Users: 0

There aren't any users online.

Author Topic: 2002 tour  (Read 11053 times)

Offline fishon-son

• Smallmouth Bass
  • BassBoatBoards.com Rocks!
  • Referrals: 0
2002 tour
« on: January 10, 2016, 07:11:46 AM »
I have a 2002 tour 68lb thrust ..took it off the boat in 2003..stop working...it was on a deep v lowe r190  rigged by cabalas..it has the big game mount...anyway I'm no electric guy. but heard that they had a card issue with these and that's way there digital now? is this true? and if so where can I get a new card it looks brand new sitting in its box and in the basement....id like to fix it and sell it...any help.....

Offline Jig Man

• Largemouth Bass
Re: 2002 tour
« Reply #1 on: January 10, 2016, 10:41:23 AM »
I believe the card you are talking about is the "mother board".  It costs about 400 bones to change a Tmotor to digital.
If you're too busy to go fishing you're too busy!!

Offline Curt

• BBB Admin
  • Administrator
  • Largemouth Bass
  • Fish On!
  • Referrals: 264
    • CurtSnow.com
  • My Biggest Bass: LMB - 9 lbs. 2 oz. (RI) 9 lbs. 14 oz. (California Delta) - SMB 5 lbs. 10 oz. (CT)
« Reply #2 on: January 10, 2016, 03:09:10 PM »
I'm not a Motor Guide guy, so I can't offer much help with this one. But with the motor being as old as it is, my guess is that it would be money better spent to buy a new one. But that's just my own opinion and it might be worth looking into the actual cost.

Try checking www.trollingmotordoctor.com The owner is very knowledgable and if you buy parts from him, he's more than willing to help you when it comes to answering tech questions a or walking you through installation of parts.
« Last Edit: January 10, 2016, 03:13:43 PM by Curt »

Professionally Designed Websites Starting at Just $99 http://www.ProWebsitesUnlimited.com

Offline fishon-son

• Smallmouth Bass
« Reply #3 on: January 12, 2016, 06:34:09 AM »
the motor just sits in the box in the basement .was thinking of parting it out or maybe fixing it? then selling it ...?????    I run a minn kota on my bass boat...much better made it takes a pounding on st clair and erie and has never let me down.........great brand...

Offline Curt

• BBB Admin
  • Administrator
  • Largemouth Bass
  • Fish On!
  • Referrals: 264
    • CurtSnow.com
  • My Biggest Bass: LMB - 9 lbs. 2 oz. (RI) 9 lbs. 14 oz. (California Delta) - SMB 5 lbs. 10 oz. (CT)
« Reply #4 on: January 12, 2016, 09:54:37 AM »
the motor just sits in the box in the basement .was thinking of parting it out or maybe fixing it? then selling it ...?????    I run a minn kota on my bass boat...much better made it takes a pounding on st clair and erie and has never let me down.........great brand...

Glad you mentioned that you're a Minn Kota guy  (yes)

I also prefer Minn Kota. I have had both brands and, in my opinion, MG can't even come close to what MK offers for durability and reliability.

Try listing it on eBay. Trolling Motors usually fetch a premium price on there for some reason. Worth a shot  (hmm)

Professionally Designed Websites Starting at Just $99 http://www.ProWebsitesUnlimited.com

Tags:

* Recent Posts

No posts were found.

* Forum Staff

Curt admin Curt
Administrator
admin Jive
Administrator
Mitz gmod Mitz
Global Moderator
SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal