Outboard Motor Forums (by brand) > Yamaha Outboards

Lower unit paint

(1/2) > >>

Steve Heim:
I'm thinking of touching up the lower unit paint on my 08 Yamaha.  I've read several articles on line about what and what not to do but thought i would throw this out there and see if anyone has done this before.   

Curt:

--- Quote from: sheim on January 29, 2016, 08:04:42 AM ---I'm thinking of touching up the lower unit paint on my 08 Yamaha.  I've read several articles on line about what and what not to do but thought i would throw this out there and see if anyone has done this before.   

--- End quote ---

If you're just doing touch up, you should be able to get the paint from a Yamaha dealer, preferably in a spray can. Touching it up should be pretty straight forward.

But if you're looking to have a paint shop spray it for you, it might require some extra steps and prep.

Either way, light sanding would be recommended to help the new paint adhere better.

Steve Heim:
My plans are to just touch up the skeg but I'm pretty sure it will probably turn into a full on lower unit paint job. I definitely will be sanding/ scuffing before shooting it. I'm sure it will wear off again but I like to keep my equipment looking and operating like new plus there is nothing else to do after work in the evenings so why not. lol...   :thumbup:  Thanks for the reply.  :D

Curt:

--- Quote from: sheim on January 29, 2016, 11:34:14 AM ---I'm sure it will wear off again but I like to keep my equipment looking and operating like new plus there is nothing else to do after work in the evenings so why not. lol...   :thumbup:  Thanks for the reply.  :D

--- End quote ---

Yep! Nothing wrong with taking good care of your stuff and keeping it looking like new  (nope)

Eric Low:
Never had much paint left on a skeg.....

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version