Bass Boat Maintenance & Repairs > Bass Boat Maintenance

Fuel Stabilizer?

(1/5) > >>

Curt:
Just wondering how many guys use fuel stabilizer for their outboards. And if you do use it, what brand do you use?

I've been using Startron in mine since it was new. During the first season or two, it only got added toward the end of the season, before the boat would get stored for the winter.

Now, It gets added every time I put fuel in the tank. Doing this regularly seems to have helped me quite a bit, in light of the fact that I haven't had a single fuel-related problem with my boat, even with all the ethanol problems I've seen during recent years.

I'd be interested to hear how you guys handle this part of the maintenance thing.  (yes)

JackJ:
I use sta-bil and quickclean every fill up.

fishon-son:
STA-BIL RED FOR ME..JUST AT THE END OF THE SEASON.AROUND FIRST WEEK NOV. I ALSO JUST BURN SUPER UNLEADED GAS..  THATS IT...150 PRO XS MERC.

Jig Man:
I was told that Quick Kleen was all that I needed and to use it every time I put fuel in the boat.  I was also told to change the water separating fuel filter yearly and to take it off at the 6 month period, dump it, then put it back.  It's been working for 14 years so I don't plan to change anything.

JackJ:
Same here JM, and no need to use over 87 octane gas, that it would just be a waste of money. 

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version