Bass Boat Maintenance & Repairs > Bass Boat Maintenance

Lower unit touch up

<< < (2/2)

Steve Heim:
Sorry... Here is the primer and paint I used. I think I've got about 15 bucks in this from start to finish. It's not a fancy powder coat job but will work for me.  (fp)

Curt:

--- Quote from: Steve Heim on February 28, 2016, 04:52:46 PM ---Thanks... I can't believe it came out as good as it did. I am the worlds worst painter on anything I  have ever tried to paint. I took my time and let it dry very good between coats. Lots of prep work.  :thumbup:

--- End quote ---

The time you took paid off bigly, with a nice-looking finished job  :thumbup:

And thanks for showing us what you used, too. That's always helpful  :nod:

Curt:

--- Quote from: Steve Heim on February 28, 2016, 04:58:00 PM ---Sorry... Here is the primer and paint I used. I think I've got about 15 bucks in this from start to finish. It's not a fancy powder coat job but will work for me.  (fp)

--- End quote ---

Do you happen to have the color name of the finish paint?

Steve Heim:
Yes. It's just good old gloss black enamel automotive paint. I could have bought the kit from Yamaha that would match up the same as factory but I believe it was around 100 bucks. You can't tell the difference unless you know what the factory color is suppose to be. I honestly have around 15 bucks total in it start to finish. That's sandpaper primer paint and a tack cloth. My friend that owns Bart's Marine Service here in Louisville gave me good advice and direction on what primer and paint to buy. I'm by far NOT a painter of any kind. But I took my time and followed his advice and it came out great.

Curt:
@Steve Heim It was definitely worth your time and effort  :thumbup:

And thanks for the info on the paint.  :nod:

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version