Bass Fishing Forums > Bass Fishing Tips & Techniques

Ned Rig?

<< < (2/4) > >>

fishon-son:
I'm thinking this rig is not for weedy lakes of just deeper water where the weeds don't grow....its new to me also...

Curt:
The prototype heads I am working with LPO on will have a bit bigger hooks. The sissy hooks that many of these heads come with would never stand up to bigger bass.  (nope)

Curt:

--- Quote from: fishon-son on March 05, 2016, 11:20:13 AM ---I'm thinking this rig is not for weedy lakes of just deeper water where the weeds don't grow....its new to me also...

--- End quote ---

I think you'd be able to work it through sparse weeds, but nothing heavy. A lot of that, too, would depend on whether you're fishing it on a real rod & reel or a sissy stick with wimpy line  (giggle)

Jig Man:
I don't think you can fish it on a "real rod and reel"  there is not enough weight.

Curt:

--- Quote from: Jig Man on March 16, 2016, 09:33:44 AM ---I don't think you can fish it on a "real rod and reel"  there is not enough weight.

--- End quote ---

I agree if you're fishing the smallest sizes. But bumping up to a 3/8 oz. head and using 12 lb. test line might work for baitcasting gear. Obviously this takes some of the "finesse" out of the presentation. But it might present new opportunities to fish this rig in new areas where you might be afraid to fish it with lighter line.  :nod:

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version