BBB Sponsor

Bass Tackle at Guaranteed Lowest Prices

BBB Sponsors

Authorized AMSOIL Dealer

Your best choice for the Primary Tackle you need!

Fishing Tackle With Guaranteed Best Price!

Garmin Marine Electronics

* Who's Online

• Dot Guests: 178
  • Dot Hidden: 0
  • Dot Users: 0

There aren't any users online.

Author Topic: New Garmin units  (Read 23875 times)

Offline ring fry

• Guppy
  • BassBoatBoards.com Rocks!
  • Referrals: 0
  • My Biggest Bass: 10.25# Purtis Creek, Eustace, Texas
New Garmin units
« on: January 28, 2015, 12:09:18 PM »
I figured I might as well make the first post in this section.  8)  I am a beta tester for Garmin Marine products and currently am testing the ECHOmap 53dv and the ECHOmap 43dv.  These are awesome new units that will be available very shortly.  I don't know everything about them or other Garmin units but I can usually find out what I don't know. 

SE Kansas grass grower
ROCK CHALK

Offline Curt

• BBB Admin
  • Administrator
  • Largemouth Bass
  • Fish On!
  • Referrals: 264
    • CurtSnow.com
  • My Biggest Bass: LMB - 9 lbs. 2 oz. (RI) 9 lbs. 14 oz. (California Delta) - SMB 5 lbs. 10 oz. (CT)
Re: New Garmin units
« Reply #1 on: January 28, 2015, 12:18:10 PM »
Would love to see some reviews here for these products that you're testing!!

That would give people some early info on products that are about to hit the market and help them make informed buying decisions.

And I'd be willing to bet that the people at Garmin would love to see you putting informative, real-life info where fishermen hang out :)

Professionally Designed Websites Starting at Just $99 http://www.ProWebsitesUnlimited.com

Offline tritonboats1

• Guppy
  • My Biggest Bass: 11 pounds
« Reply #2 on: January 28, 2015, 10:56:17 PM »
I have two of the Garmin 1040 xs units, and i can tell you they are better than any other unit i have used, the sonar and side Vu are super super clear, even at a 150 ft out on each side !! and with the 10hz Gps mapping you will always land right on you waypoint.

ERIC CONANT

Offline Curt

• BBB Admin
  • Administrator
  • Largemouth Bass
  • Fish On!
    • CurtSnow.com
  • My Biggest Bass: LMB - 9 lbs. 2 oz. (RI) 9 lbs. 14 oz. (California Delta) - SMB 5 lbs. 10 oz. (CT)
« Reply #3 on: January 28, 2015, 11:18:54 PM »
Thanks for the info!

You sound pretty confident in these units :)

How long have you been testing them?

Professionally Designed Websites Starting at Just $99 http://www.ProWebsitesUnlimited.com

Offline jbird68

• Guppy
« Reply #4 on: April 23, 2018, 09:09:49 PM »
Well,  last year I bought the EchoMap 73sv. Love it so far. But figuring out how to download and use quick draw community maps is a pain in the butt. But I think I figured it out. I thought I could download the files and create a new folder on my SD card to place the maps inside. Apparently I can't do that. The .qcc files need to be in the first garmin folder on the card. I can download them and rename them for each lake. As long as they are in the main garmin folder they show up with a cyan colored box around the area as you are scanning your map. The only thing I noticed is that they didn't seem to be very detailed. Maybe it's because the maps I downloaded were not completely covered maps but just a few paths someone did. I really want to make use of the quick draw community but there just isn't a lot of maps for the places I fish that aren't already covered in the pre-installed Garmin maps.

jbird68

Morrison, IL
« Last Edit: April 23, 2018, 09:46:01 PM by jbird68 »

Offline Curt

• BBB Admin
  • Administrator
  • Largemouth Bass
  • Fish On!
    • CurtSnow.com
« Reply #5 on: April 23, 2018, 09:35:44 PM »
@jbird68 It'll be interesting to find out how this goes for you over the next several months. Please keep us posted!

Offline jbird68

• Guppy
« Reply #6 on: April 23, 2018, 09:39:24 PM »
Well, I finally got my boat out of storage. This darned Illinois weather is awful. Just when I thought I would be able to get her home it snowed or rained out was just too cold. Hoping to start playing with the Garmin some more.

jbird68

Morrison, IL
« Last Edit: April 23, 2018, 09:45:32 PM by jbird68 »

Offline Curt

• BBB Admin
  • Administrator
  • Largemouth Bass
  • Fish On!
    • CurtSnow.com
« Reply #7 on: April 24, 2018, 10:10:48 AM »
Well, I finally got my boat out of storage. This darned Illinois weather is awful. Just when I thought I would be able to get her home it snowed or rained out was just too cold.
jbird68

Morrison, IL

We've also had it bad here in RI this winter, but you guys really got hammered this year  :crying:

Things here are finally turning around. I hope they do for you too!

Tags:

* Recent Posts

No posts were found.

* Forum Staff

Curt admin Curt
Administrator
admin Jive
Administrator
Mitz gmod Mitz
Global Moderator
SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal