Bass Fishing Forums > Bass Fishing Tips & Techniques

Crankbaits?

(1/3) > >>

Curt:
I'm not much of a crankbait guy. I might try one now and then, but I will usually opt for several other baits, including spinnerbaits, bladed jigs, soft plastics, etc.

With that said, it's not that I never catch fish on a crankbait. It's just that I catch more fish and better quality fish on other baits.

Does anyone here fish crankbaits frequently and catch big fish on them?

JackJ:
I am like you, I don't throw them much, mainly because I hate dealing with treble hooks and I am usually just fun fishing and dont want to get a hook in my hand.   I am more spinnerbait, and swim jig, and swim baits, when fishing faster moving baits.

When I do use them on the rare occasion, its usually an Academy H20 brand, they are cheap and run true right out of the box.

Curt:
Ya, I hate treble hooks too, especially when there's a net involved.

My net is rubber coated, but dealing with trebles is still a hassle.

It's funny. I know there are guys who use crankbaits all the time, as their go-to bait, and they catch big fish on them too!

I also fish a lot of lakes with weeds, so trying to rip a crankbait through the weeds isn't much fun at all  (nope)

fishon-son:
I use a lot of plastics .but, just love the crankbait bite....a kvd squarebill is one of the best then a deep diving lucky craft rick clunn rc3.5ddrt is the best..im not into those newer really big baits strike king and lucky craft made..the kvd 8.0 and 10.0or something like that..you'll be casting your arm off....I fish some deep water but never over 15ft for casting cranks..these baits that go 25/35 ft ect..must be for southern lakes or something out west..but not for my waters...and big 4 lb plus bass smashing your crankbait is great  I really like getting hit so hard the crank your holding for your reel comes out of your hand...that's for me is great......

Curt:

--- Quote from: fishon-son on March 31, 2016, 06:34:23 PM ---  I really like getting hit so hard the crank your holding for your reel comes out of your hand...that's for me is great......

--- End quote ---

I have that happen a lot with spinnerbaits! I love it when that happens  (giggle)

Based on your info, I will have to give them a better try this season  :nod:

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version