Bass Boat Forums (by boat brand) > Ranger Bass Boats Forums

cracked hatch cover

(1/3) > >>

tsic:
Has anyone ever repaired a hatch cover that has a crack across it The cover on the hatch just behind the driver seat developed a crack last season and I would like to repair it for now before my partner walks on it any more The cover is still in one piece and the carpet is helping to hold it together for now. Not sure how to reinforce it Maybe someone on here has an idea

Curt:
How you fix it will depend on what material it's made of. Most are either aluminum or fiberglass.

Once these lids are cracked, they will probably never be the same. But you can try installing some aluminum angle iron in two places across the crack. This will require you drilling through the lid and having panhead screws through the lid. Screws will be on the top of the lid, with the nuts and lock washers inside.

Your best bet for a permanent fix is to get a replacement lid, if possible. But the two pieces of aluminum angle iron should hold you over for a while.

tsic:
Thanks Curt,
 That is what I had in mind, The lid is fiberglass I will probably order a new lid next year as I got new seats from Ranger and had to rebuild my lower unit this year so my budget for maintenance is used up. I will try to get one more season out of it 

Curt:

--- Quote from: tsic on April 01, 2016, 06:18:35 AM ---Thanks Curt,
 The lid is fiberglass I will probably order a new lid next year as I got new seats from Ranger and had to rebuild my lower unit this year so my budget for maintenance is used up. I will try to get one more season out of it 

--- End quote ---

Believe me. I know what it means to have a budget  ;)

Just be sure to use aluminum angle iron so it won't rust. Or, if you use steel, make sure it has a few good coats of enamel on it before you use it!

tsic:
I just found an aluminum sign which is 18x12 that I think will work. Will drill it and mount with ss pan head bolts  will let you know how it works out 

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version