Bass Boat Forums (by boat brand) > Ranger Bass Boats Forums

cracked hatch cover

<< < (2/3) > >>

Curt:

--- Quote from: tsic on April 01, 2016, 08:06:11 AM ---I just found an aluminum sign which is 18x12 that I think will work. Will drill it and mount with ss pan head bolts  will let you know how it works out 

--- End quote ---

If it's flat stock, it won't have much strength, which is why I suggested angle bar. The angle bar will give you a lot of support, whereas the flat sign stock will just flex when it has weight on it.

Here's an example from Home Depot. http://www.homedepot.com/p/Everbilt-3-4-in-x-36-in-Aluminum-Angle-Bar-with-1-16-in-Thick-801377/204273984

I would suggest something a bit thicker, like maybe 3/16", but the 1/8 might work fine  :nod:

JackJ:
I would use C Channel for extra rigidity

tsic:
I went with the plate and the angle bar I probably should have just ordered the new lid from Ranger for $ 118.18 plus shipping Oh well next years project

Curt:

--- Quote from: tsic on April 01, 2016, 02:08:39 PM ---I went with the plate and the angle bar I probably should have just ordered the new lid from Ranger for $ 118.18 plus shipping Oh well next years project

--- End quote ---

Hopefully it'll hold up for you for the season!

tsic:
Time will tell Thanks guys

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version