BBB Sponsor

Bass Tackle at Guaranteed Lowest Prices

BBB Sponsors

Authorized AMSOIL Dealer

Your best choice for the Primary Tackle you need!

Fishing Tackle With Guaranteed Best Price!

Garmin Marine Electronics

* Who's Online

• Dot Guests: 194
  • Dot Hidden: 0
  • Dot Users: 0

There aren't any users online.

Author Topic: Electronics upgrade in near future  (Read 10355 times)

Offline Egreen024

• Guppy
  • Referrals: 0
Electronics upgrade in near future
« on: April 26, 2016, 09:38:55 AM »
Well, we my birthday coming up in June and since I been a good boy, I'm treating myself to some new electronics.
The problem is that there's a lot good stuff to choose from. The most popular of course Lowrance and Humminbird, but some how and don't know why I'm more incline towards garmin.
What do you think? Garmin optinox looks great and gives me the choice to see the fish before passing over with boat. Price wise I think I can get the optinox 21 for $1000 and a compatible unit for about 500 to 600. Than similar unit we got the Humminbird 360, looks like the package runs at 2500 to 3000. Big difference in price.
I haven't seen any of this units working only going by advertising.
Got some time to do more research,

Offline frugalangler

• Smallmouth Bass
  • Play hard, Fish harder!!!!!
    • Club website
Re: Electronics upgrade in near future
« Reply #1 on: April 26, 2016, 12:40:40 PM »
I live right next door to Garmin, and have been invited to be a 'consultant' on their in design process units, and I can't speak to details (non-disclosure) but from what I've seen in the prototypes there next stuff will be the dream of the fresh water angler - a gap in their line previously up until the current version which is VERY GOOD. The Panoptix stuff is incredible, way better than the 360* right now. they frequently have their boats out on one of our local lakes testing, and I've seen it in action - it is incredible. But, it's also pricey, just the PS31 transducer is $1500 to add to the head unit.
FrugalAngler
Ranger198VX/Yamaha VMax
Jeep Grand Cherokee EcoDiesel

Offline Egreen024

• Guppy
« Reply #2 on: April 26, 2016, 12:52:13 PM »
It does look good I was looking at the ps21 with a smaller unit for the front of boat. Don't need gps on it think was like 1500's
I just rather see the fish before I get to them than after I pass them, lol.
So you saying that they coming out with something better.
Can you get discounts for us members here?

Offline frugalangler

• Smallmouth Bass
  • Play hard, Fish harder!!!!!
    • Club website
« Reply #3 on: April 26, 2016, 12:57:34 PM »
Like I said, I absolutely can't speak to any details on which products, just that what I've seen is NICE in prototype form.

On discounts, I'm not in key with their marketing group and have no connections there :( and they get hit hard by many groups for that, so I doubt much there.
FrugalAngler
Ranger198VX/Yamaha VMax
Jeep Grand Cherokee EcoDiesel

Offline Egreen024

• Guppy
« Reply #4 on: April 26, 2016, 01:14:14 PM »
Awsome!
I think garmin is coming on strong to the fresh water market, and if they want they soon be the best company if they are not already.

Offline bullet20dc

• Smallmouth Bass
  • politically correct impaired
  • Referrals: 2
    • hvbm.org
« Reply #5 on: April 26, 2016, 03:54:42 PM »
ok E  I got way too much invested in my stuff to start all over but if I was in the situation you are where You want to redo your rig  I would seriously consider the Raymarine line of products   Their stuff is incredible. They are or were known more for their salt water line of electronics but saw the light and put out a line for the fresh water fishermen   You know Im a lowrance guy since my first green portable box in 1970 but this stuff got me really thinking hard about chuckin it all and starting from scratch.  Before you lay down money take a look see  I think you'll be amazed  I was.  Pretty clever to let the big 3 develope new technology and wait a while then improve on it and market  something so much better and cheaper   Dayum I may just have convinced my self to get all new chit.  (hmm)
Ranger Z521C w 250 SHO

Offline Egreen024

• Guppy
« Reply #6 on: April 26, 2016, 04:16:40 PM »
Yes, up until this units that can actually show what's going on without having to move, I was really impressed with the dragonfly unit from raymarine.
Haven't check them out in a while but seems like they want the inland market as well

Offline Curt

• BBB Admin
  • Administrator
  • Largemouth Bass
  • Fish On!
  • Referrals: 264
    • CurtSnow.com
  • My Biggest Bass: LMB - 9 lbs. 2 oz. (RI) 9 lbs. 14 oz. (California Delta) - SMB 5 lbs. 10 oz. (CT)
« Reply #7 on: April 26, 2016, 09:28:46 PM »
I have two Birds. Nothing too expensive.

But if I was to start from scratch, I would give Garmin and Raymarine both a hard look before making a buying decision.

Professionally Designed Websites Starting at Just $99 http://www.ProWebsitesUnlimited.com

Tags:

* Recent Posts

No posts were found.

* Forum Staff

Curt admin Curt
Administrator
admin Jive
Administrator
Mitz gmod Mitz
Global Moderator
SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal