BBB Sponsor

Bass Tackle at Guaranteed Lowest Prices

BBB Sponsors

Authorized AMSOIL Dealer

Your best choice for the Primary Tackle you need!

Fishing Tackle With Guaranteed Best Price!

Garmin Marine Electronics

* Who's Online

• Dot Guests: 173
  • Dot Hidden: 0
  • Dot Users: 0

There aren't any users online.

Author Topic: My Next Boat Project  (Read 11380 times)

Offline Curt

• BBB Admin
  • Administrator
  • Largemouth Bass
  • Fish On!
  • Referrals: 264
    • CurtSnow.com
  • My Biggest Bass: LMB - 9 lbs. 2 oz. (RI) 9 lbs. 14 oz. (California Delta) - SMB 5 lbs. 10 oz. (CT)
My Next Boat Project
« on: May 17, 2016, 03:54:29 PM »
Now that I finally have a recessed tray installed for my trolling motor foot pedal, I need to complete my next project... LED light kit.

Last summer I got a complete LED lighting kit from @mfwyatt05 (LEDHead Lighting) that I had planned on installing right away.

Well, one thing led to another, and before I knew it, summer and fall had gone by and winter was here.

I did manage to get the bow lights installed. They were pretty easy to install and hook up. But now I want to do the rest of the boat before another season slips by me.

I have lights for the front and rear decks, along with switches and a dimmer. I got my lights in Red, since red is the least likely color to affect your vision at night.

I need to make a Home Depot run to grab some wire so I can snake it through the hull and power everything. Maybe I can work on this during the next week or so.

Pictures to come soon!  (yes)
« Last Edit: May 17, 2016, 09:55:47 PM by Curt »

Professionally Designed Websites Starting at Just $99 http://www.ProWebsitesUnlimited.com

Offline Nightmare

• Smallmouth Bass
  • BassBoatBoards.com Rocks!
  • Referrals: 0
  • My Biggest Bass: LM 7 lb 5 oz (so far), Guntersville
Re: My Next Boat Project
« Reply #1 on: May 17, 2016, 08:06:38 PM »
Suggest getting tinned wire for your project. Over time, you will have fewer issues with corrosion at the connections. Maybe you already had that in mind. 
(shrug)
« Last Edit: May 17, 2016, 08:09:01 PM by Nightmare »

Offline Jig Man

• Largemouth Bass
  • BassBoatBoards.com Rocks!
  • Referrals: 0
« Reply #2 on: May 17, 2016, 08:32:59 PM »
You are right about the red Curt.  I put red bulbs in my console lights several years ago because of night blindness.  They have really helped.
If you're too busy to go fishing you're too busy!!

Offline Curt

• BBB Admin
  • Administrator
  • Largemouth Bass
  • Fish On!
  • Referrals: 264
    • CurtSnow.com
  • My Biggest Bass: LMB - 9 lbs. 2 oz. (RI) 9 lbs. 14 oz. (California Delta) - SMB 5 lbs. 10 oz. (CT)
« Reply #3 on: May 17, 2016, 09:54:56 PM »
Suggest getting tinned wire for your project. Over time, you will have fewer issues with corrosion at the connections. Maybe you already had that in mind. 
(shrug)

Thanks @Nightmare for the tip. I hadn't thought of that! But I will be looking into it and buying it for sure now  :nod:

@Jig Man I don't use much light at night. In fact, I use as little as possible. I typically only turn on my headlamp to land a fish, unhook a fish or to pull something out of one of my compartments, etc.

But knowing that I can turn on the deck lights when I need them and not have them destroy my night vision is an idea I like  :nod:

Professionally Designed Websites Starting at Just $99 http://www.ProWebsitesUnlimited.com

* Recent Posts

No posts were found.

* Forum Staff

Curt admin Curt
Administrator
admin Jive
Administrator
Mitz gmod Mitz
Global Moderator
SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal