Outboard Motor Forums (by brand) > Evinrude/Johnson Outboards

2005 225 Etec

(1/5) > >>

Hjones:
Hello, I have a 2006 Procraft 192 Superpro with a 2005 Evinrude 225 Etec with a 26 pitch Raker prop. Only had the boat about two months. I was taking out at a tournament yesterday and when I got about 300 yards from the ramp and I got up to about 68 mph, my motor was still running rpms, not sure how many, but I stopped moving. I had heard a pop in the motor. When it was idling the motor was shaking and when I put it into gear it would move slow but there was lots of poping the finally just locked up and died. The motor will run in neutral. Any ideas. For the past couple of times it has been jumping a little while in reverse.

bullet20dc:
 you say it was shaking , was that in idle not in gear  if in gear sounds like a few broken teeth   in neutral it could be more serious.  did u pull the lower unit fill and drain screw.  I bet you have a gear case full of water instead of oil.

Hjones:
Yeah it was shaking a little in idle and I haven't done anything to it yet. I'm taking it to the shop today. It sounded like a rearend does on a vehicle when teeth are broken off and get caught in the gears.

Hjones:
When in gear is when it sounded like teeth broke off and were floating around. It was just shaking when in idle.

Hjones:
I just checked and if I put it in reverse without it cranked the prop will turn with some racket in the foot but when I put it in drive it's locked down and will no budge.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version