BBB Sponsor

Bass Tackle at Guaranteed Lowest Prices

BBB Sponsors

Authorized AMSOIL Dealer

Your best choice for the Primary Tackle you need!

Fishing Tackle With Guaranteed Best Price!

Garmin Marine Electronics

* Who's Online

• Dot Guests: 126
  • Dot Hidden: 0
  • Dot Users: 0

There aren't any users online.

Author Topic: ethanol strikes again  (Read 10210 times)

Offline bullet20dc

• Smallmouth Bass
  • politically correct impaired
  • Referrals: 2
    • hvbm.org
ethanol strikes again
« on: June 07, 2016, 05:50:32 AM »
225 optimax down on power big time wont get over 1900 rpm She blew up the motor a few weeks ago and I was able to put together a spinning block for her. During the first time out test run this problem came up I tore my hair out on this one.  it was running great till it blew up and took out a piston , rod , and grenaded a sleeve. Well thats cause she didn't have any oil in the reserve tank for 845 seconds according to the DDT fault history . I went over every test in the book, the DDT says No Faults occurred, checked rail fuel and air pressure all good. Ok so for giggles I changed out the fuel lines from the tank to the bulb and from bulb to low pressure pump. Just as I was ready to fire it up the sky opens up and it comes down in buckets so I retreated to the shop. while I was waiting for it to stop i decided to slice open the hose to see if it was clogged or callapsed.
here's what I found those pieces are the liner of the std gray fuel line that comes with the boat the fuel line is split open and u can see what was the liner. Gotta love that ethanol. a great case for using a treatment regularly.
« Last Edit: June 07, 2016, 05:52:16 AM by bullet20dc »
Ranger Z521C w 250 SHO

Offline Curt

• BBB Admin
  • Administrator
  • Largemouth Bass
  • Fish On!
  • Referrals: 264
    • CurtSnow.com
  • My Biggest Bass: LMB - 9 lbs. 2 oz. (RI) 9 lbs. 14 oz. (California Delta) - SMB 5 lbs. 10 oz. (CT)
Re: ethanol strikes again
« Reply #1 on: June 07, 2016, 11:59:36 AM »
Wow!  (fp)

That's some serious stuff right there.  :nod:

I treat every bit of gas that runs through my system, even in the summer time when I know the fuel will get used fairly soon.

I know there are debates as to which additive works best, but I've been using Startron since day one, with every tank of fuel, and I have had zero problems in almost 8 years.  (nope)

Professionally Designed Websites Starting at Just $99 http://www.ProWebsitesUnlimited.com

Offline JackJ

• Largemouth Bass
  • Referrals: 0
    • Alabama Fishing
  • My Biggest Bass: 9-3
« Reply #2 on: June 07, 2016, 12:16:56 PM »
I have had the same problem twice with my Dads boat.    I had replaced it with the gray one also, which I thought the gray was supposed to be ethanol resistant, and you would think that all they sell now would be, but nope it happened again.   So watch out they are still selling gas lines with the primer bulbs that are not ethanol resistant.

Even with additive, those particular linings still deteriorate on those.
« Last Edit: June 07, 2016, 12:26:32 PM by JackJ »
2016 Phoenix 618 Pro
Mercury 175 Pro XS

Offline Curt

• BBB Admin
  • Administrator
  • Largemouth Bass
  • Fish On!
  • Referrals: 264
    • CurtSnow.com
  • My Biggest Bass: LMB - 9 lbs. 2 oz. (RI) 9 lbs. 14 oz. (California Delta) - SMB 5 lbs. 10 oz. (CT)
« Reply #3 on: June 07, 2016, 01:22:11 PM »
you would think that all they sell now would be ethanol resistant... 

Would be nice, wouldn't it?  (yes)

Professionally Designed Websites Starting at Just $99 http://www.ProWebsitesUnlimited.com

Offline fishon-son

• Smallmouth Bass
  • BassBoatBoards.com Rocks!
« Reply #4 on: June 07, 2016, 08:09:19 PM »
rec 90?

Offline Jig Man

• Largemouth Bass
  • BassBoatBoards.com Rocks!
« Reply #5 on: June 08, 2016, 07:43:24 AM »
My comes by tech has had me using an additive (Quick Kleen) since the first tank of gas.  We also changed the fuel line.  He has me dump the fuel filter at the 6 month interval and change it yearly.  That has worked for 14 years.
If you're too busy to go fishing you're too busy!!

Tags:

* Recent Posts

No posts were found.

* Forum Staff

Curt admin Curt
Administrator
admin Jive
Administrator
Mitz gmod Mitz
Global Moderator
SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal