BBB Sponsor

Bass Tackle at Guaranteed Lowest Prices

BBB Sponsors

Authorized AMSOIL Dealer

Your best choice for the Primary Tackle you need!

Fishing Tackle With Guaranteed Best Price!

Garmin Marine Electronics

* Who's Online

• Dot Guests: 182
  • Dot Hidden: 0
  • Dot Users: 0

There aren't any users online.

Author Topic: Amos Lake - Preston  (Read 7825 times)

Offline Curt

• BBB Admin
  • Administrator
  • Largemouth Bass
  • Fish On!
  • Referrals: 264
    • CurtSnow.com
  • My Biggest Bass: LMB - 9 lbs. 2 oz. (RI) 9 lbs. 14 oz. (California Delta) - SMB 5 lbs. 10 oz. (CT)
Amos Lake - Preston
« on: June 28, 2016, 09:14:28 AM »
I fished in a night tournament on Friday night, June 24. We finished up at 5 AM on Saturday morning.

I pulled up onto a point to start the night and made a few casts with a 1/2 oz. spinnerbait. I had put this particular bait together just a few hours before, while I was at home prepping for the tourney.

On the 4th or 5th cast of the night, I hooked into my first fish in about 6 feet of water. It smoked the spinnerbait as I let it flutter down toward the bottom. It was a decent fish and I was happy to start the night off with a good fish so quickly.

Since this fish hit out away from shore a bit, I made a few more casts in the 6 - 8 foot depth range. Within a few more casts, I had fish #2 in the boat. This one was over 4 lbs. Into my livewell it went. Because I have two livewells, this one went into my "no cull" livewell, since I didn't expect to be getting rid of it unless I had a 20+ lb. limit  (nope)

A few minutes later, I hooked another big fish. This one looked to be close to 5 lbs. That one joined the other big one in the no cull tank  (yes)

15 minutes into the night, I already have 3 very solid fish!

Based on the first 2 fish, I stuck to that 6 - 8 foot range and just kept on connecting with quality fish!

Within the first hour or so, I had my limit in the livewells. I estimated my weight to be between 13 and 14 lbs.

I stuck with this pattern for the rest of the night and upgraded my weight as I went.

When the night was over, I had 19.81 lbs, with a 4.82 lb. kicker fish for tourney lunker.

Oh, and that spinnerbait I made before the tourney? I literally wore it out on big fish. It got bent up really badly several times, and it finally broke in half in my hand somewhere around 3 AM, as I was trying to straighten it out one more time  (fp)

Oh well. Better to break in my hand, than with a big fish on the other end  :nod:

Here are my two biggest fish of the night.

Professionally Designed Websites Starting at Just $99 http://www.ProWebsitesUnlimited.com

Offline JackJ

• Largemouth Bass
  • Referrals: 0
    • Alabama Fishing
  • My Biggest Bass: 9-3
Re: Amos Lake - Preston
« Reply #1 on: June 28, 2016, 09:29:38 AM »
Good job!
2016 Phoenix 618 Pro
Mercury 175 Pro XS

Offline Curt

• BBB Admin
  • Administrator
  • Largemouth Bass
  • Fish On!
  • Referrals: 264
    • CurtSnow.com
  • My Biggest Bass: LMB - 9 lbs. 2 oz. (RI) 9 lbs. 14 oz. (California Delta) - SMB 5 lbs. 10 oz. (CT)
Re: Amos Lake - Preston
« Reply #2 on: June 28, 2016, 10:20:08 AM »

Professionally Designed Websites Starting at Just $99 http://www.ProWebsitesUnlimited.com

* Recent Posts

No posts were found.

* Forum Staff

Curt admin Curt
Administrator
admin Jive
Administrator
Mitz gmod Mitz
Global Moderator
SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal