Bass Boat Forums (by boat brand) > Astro Bass Boats Forums

I'm buying 1997 Astro 1850 X I do not know nothing about Astro are they any good

(1/5) > >>

Matt rose:

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G890A using Tapatalk

bullet20dc:
check the transom closely   they crack at the corners     Take a rubber mallet with u and tap the transome and listen for hollow sounds   astro had a history of bad transoms  I trashed 2 so far in 3 years that i took as part pmt   Its against the law here in NY to sell knowingly a boat with a defective transom  so I ended up squashing the hulls and scrappin em

Matt rose:
Thanks

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G890A using Tapatalk

Curt:

--- Quote from: bullet20dc on July 03, 2016, 06:06:39 PM ---I ended up squashing the hulls and scrappin em

--- End quote ---

:crying: :crying:

JackJ:
What I think I have heard which may not be 100% correct so take it with a grain of salt,  is Astro and Procraft were sister boat companies made in same plant in TN, later bought out by Tracker Marine and just went away in favor of the Nitro brand.   I think that one may be pre Tracker.

I always have considered them cheaper built boats, but that is just from observations.  I have only ridden in a couple.   So just like bullet stated, check it very well.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version