BBB Sponsor

Bass Tackle at Guaranteed Lowest Prices

BBB Sponsors

Authorized AMSOIL Dealer

Your best choice for the Primary Tackle you need!

Fishing Tackle With Guaranteed Best Price!

Garmin Marine Electronics

* Who's Online

• Dot Guests: 186
  • Dot Hidden: 0
  • Dot Users: 0

There aren't any users online.

Author Topic: Almost Disastrous  (Read 23754 times)

Offline Curt

• BBB Admin
  • Administrator
  • Largemouth Bass
  • Fish On!
  • Referrals: 264
    • CurtSnow.com
  • My Biggest Bass: LMB - 9 lbs. 2 oz. (RI) 9 lbs. 14 oz. (California Delta) - SMB 5 lbs. 10 oz. (CT)
Re: Almost Disastrous
« Reply #15 on: July 07, 2016, 08:25:43 PM »
i bet they blame it on us living in the salt belt in the winter  even tho we dont use it in the winter.   dont wanna pizz in your cheerios but i dont think u got chance in heck of gettin any satisfaction.  customline (rustomline) ( the one I have) had issues like this and they are gone and should I mention Gamblers stellar customer service   

Yep. I'm willing to bet that they try to blame it on salt, etc., etc.

I just sent them a lengthy email, along with a link to pics. I also don't expect them to stand behind their product. This is where the men get separated from the boys, so to speak, when it comes to companies that stand behind their products.

I will keep everyone updated simply because everyone deserves to know whether Bear Trailers will back up their product or not.  :nod:

Professionally Designed Websites Starting at Just $99 http://www.ProWebsitesUnlimited.com

Offline sbg

• Bluegill
  • Bullet20dc is my hero.
  • Referrals: 0
« Reply #16 on: July 08, 2016, 12:05:30 AM »
i bet they blame it on us living in the salt belt in the winter  even tho we dont use it in the winter.   dont wanna pizz in your cheerios but i dont think u got chance in heck of gettin any satisfaction.  customline (rustomline) ( the one I have) had issues like this and they are gone and should I mention Gamblers stellar customer service   

Just had to drag the dredded G name in the mix. Lol.
That really sucks about your trailer. Maybe something can be done about it. Maybe. heck your one step above G boat service. At least they answered the phone in the first place!

'06 Gambler 2100
250 XS Mercury

Offline bullet20dc

• Smallmouth Bass
  • politically correct impaired
  • Referrals: 2
    • hvbm.org
« Reply #17 on: July 08, 2016, 06:05:42 AM »
the devil made me do it SBG    but you know as well as I the G boat company stands behind their product   WAAAAAAAY behind it
Ranger Z521C w 250 SHO

Offline Curt

• BBB Admin
  • Administrator
  • Largemouth Bass
  • Fish On!
    • CurtSnow.com
  • My Biggest Bass: LMB - 9 lbs. 2 oz. (RI) 9 lbs. 14 oz. (California Delta) - SMB 5 lbs. 10 oz. (CT)
« Reply #18 on: July 08, 2016, 09:22:26 AM »
heck your one step above G boat service. At least they answered the phone in the first place!

(giggle)

Professionally Designed Websites Starting at Just $99 http://www.ProWebsitesUnlimited.com

Offline Curt

• BBB Admin
  • Administrator
  • Largemouth Bass
  • Fish On!
    • CurtSnow.com
« Reply #19 on: July 08, 2016, 09:22:57 AM »
the devil made me do it SBG    but you know as well as I the G boat company stands behind their product   WAAAAAAAY behind it

(stirthepot)

Offline Curt

• BBB Admin
  • Administrator
  • Largemouth Bass
  • Fish On!
    • CurtSnow.com
« Reply #20 on: July 08, 2016, 01:25:12 PM »
Well, it seems like things are moving in a positive direction with Bear Trailers  :nod:

I spoke with a customer service guy this afternoon. He was quite sympathetic with my situation and admitted that the trailer should never have broken like that.

He did bring up the fact that I live in an ocean area, so salt air "would cause rust" on the trailer, but he still said they would help me with this situation.

First, they are offering to help with the costs of repairing the trailer.

Second, although they most likely won't be willing to do a straight up replacement of the trailer, but they will more than likely be willing to work with me on an galvanized trailer upgrade at a reduced cost.

No specific numbers have been discussed yet, but just the fact that they're willing to discuss this with me is a big step in the right direction!

I told him I'd be back in touch on Monday to discuss things further, so we'll see where it goes from there.

More to come...  (pcd)
« Last Edit: July 08, 2016, 01:28:42 PM by Curt »

Offline Curt

• BBB Admin
  • Administrator
  • Largemouth Bass
  • Fish On!
    • CurtSnow.com
« Reply #21 on: July 08, 2016, 03:11:27 PM »
Well, the trailer is back and sitting under my boat once again.

The repair job looks really good!

I will plan on using it for the remainder of this season and then replacing it during the winter months.

I will, however, keep a close eye on it for further rust trouble  :nod:

Offline sbg

• Bluegill
  • Bullet20dc is my hero.
« Reply #22 on: July 08, 2016, 09:53:26 PM »
Wow that was quick!  Glad you were able to get it taken care of. Hopefully things will stay together now.

Charlie. Yeah I know. WAYYYY behind their products with their heads in the sand.
'06 Gambler 2100
250 XS Mercury

Offline bullet20dc

• Smallmouth Bass
    • hvbm.org
« Reply #23 on: July 09, 2016, 07:40:23 PM »
heads in the sand  is that the new way to say  u bought it u own it now go away and leave us alone    heads up their azz is more exact  they never figured out that customer service is the key to a successful business
Ranger Z521C w 250 SHO

Offline Curt

• BBB Admin
  • Administrator
  • Largemouth Bass
  • Fish On!
    • CurtSnow.com
« Reply #24 on: July 11, 2016, 08:22:59 AM »
@sbg Thanks! My buddy turned it around quickly for me since he knew I had a tourney on Friday night  :nod:

I will be in touch with Bear Trailers again today to give them the repair price. They had said they would help me with it, so I hope they will stand behind their word. I have no reason to believe that they won't.  (nope)

Offline Curt

• BBB Admin
  • Administrator
  • Largemouth Bass
  • Fish On!
    • CurtSnow.com
« Reply #25 on: July 12, 2016, 09:54:01 AM »
I spoke with the customer service guy at Bear Trailer yesterday. I told him how much the repair cost me. He verified the number and immediately asked me for my mailing address. My assumption at this point is that they will be mailing me a check to cover those costs.

More to come...

Offline Jig Man

• Largemouth Bass
  • BassBoatBoards.com Rocks!
« Reply #26 on: July 12, 2016, 10:22:47 AM »
I hope they give full coverage on the repairs.  Let us know.
If you're too busy to go fishing you're too busy!!

Offline bullet20dc

• Smallmouth Bass
    • hvbm.org
« Reply #27 on: July 12, 2016, 04:57:20 PM »
dont set your bar too high and you wont be disappointed   the fact that they didnt nahg up on ya is a positive thing  and Im betting they prorate it and give you some funds to cover it    Better then nothing
Ranger Z521C w 250 SHO

Offline Curt

• BBB Admin
  • Administrator
  • Largemouth Bass
  • Fish On!
    • CurtSnow.com
« Reply #28 on: August 15, 2016, 02:52:36 PM »
Well, Bear Trailer came through and stuck to their word!!

I got a check in the mail the other day that covered 100% of the repair cost for the broken crossmembers a few weeks ago.

My hat's off to them for excellent customer service.  :thumbup:

Offline Nightmare

• Smallmouth Bass
  • BassBoatBoards.com Rocks!
  • My Biggest Bass: LM 7 lb 5 oz (so far), Guntersville
« Reply #29 on: August 15, 2016, 03:51:44 PM »
Glad to hear it.  :thumbup:

Tags:

* Recent Posts

No posts were found.

* Forum Staff