BBB Sponsor

Bass Tackle at Guaranteed Lowest Prices

BBB Sponsors

Authorized AMSOIL Dealer

Your best choice for the Primary Tackle you need!

Fishing Tackle With Guaranteed Best Price!

Garmin Marine Electronics

* Who's Online

• Dot Guests: 195
  • Dot Hidden: 0
  • Dot Users: 0

There aren't any users online.

Author Topic: Switch  (Read 11262 times)

Offline jak0253

• Guppy
  • BassBoatBoards.com Rocks!
  • Referrals: 0
Switch
« on: July 08, 2016, 09:23:07 AM »
I have a 2006 Tracker pro 170, the owners manual didn't come with it. There is an "accessory" switch next to the ignition on the left side. What is that for? Thanks.

BTW, if anyone has a manual for this boat I would be willing to buy.

Offline Curt

• BBB Admin
  • Administrator
  • Largemouth Bass
  • Fish On!
  • Referrals: 264
    • CurtSnow.com
  • My Biggest Bass: LMB - 9 lbs. 2 oz. (RI) 9 lbs. 14 oz. (California Delta) - SMB 5 lbs. 10 oz. (CT)
Re: Switch
« Reply #1 on: July 08, 2016, 09:27:15 AM »
I have a 2006 Tracker pro 170, the owners manual didn't come with it. There is an "accessory" switch next to the ignition on the left side. What is that for? Thanks.

BTW, if anyone has a manual for this boat I would be willing to buy.

@jak0253 Most boats don't come with a manual at all. I remember when I bought my first Tracker, thinking the same thing... "Where's the owner's manual??".

If I'm not mistaken, that accessory switch is a spare switch with nothing attached to it. It's there for you to use if you happen to add an accessory that requires a switch.

Unless of course the previous owner of the boat wired something to it.  (shrug)

Professionally Designed Websites Starting at Just $99 http://www.ProWebsitesUnlimited.com

Offline jak0253

• Guppy
« Reply #2 on: July 08, 2016, 11:37:30 AM »
 There is nothing that I can see that is hooked up to it that is why I was asking. Makes sense it would be a spare. Thanks

Offline Curt

• BBB Admin
  • Administrator
  • Largemouth Bass
  • Fish On!
    • CurtSnow.com
  • My Biggest Bass: LMB - 9 lbs. 2 oz. (RI) 9 lbs. 14 oz. (California Delta) - SMB 5 lbs. 10 oz. (CT)
« Reply #3 on: July 08, 2016, 01:20:02 PM »
There is nothing that I can see that is hooked up to it that is why I was asking. Makes sense it would be a spare. Thanks

You're welcome  :nod:

Professionally Designed Websites Starting at Just $99 http://www.ProWebsitesUnlimited.com

Offline fishon-son

• Smallmouth Bass
« Reply #4 on: July 08, 2016, 08:35:23 PM »
my lowe and stratos both came with owners manuals...also manuals on the motors...and all manuals for every thing i put on both boats....stratos bass boat from cabelas and the lowe deep v from  local boat dealer.

Offline bullet20dc

• Smallmouth Bass
  • politically correct impaired
  • Referrals: 2
    • hvbm.org
« Reply #5 on: July 09, 2016, 07:48:29 PM »
In all my years working on boats I have never seen a user manual that shows wiring diagrams , plumbing, or structural part layouts  Ive seen user manuals that tell u how to drive it and start it and basically wear a life jackets when running but thats it   The owners package will contail all the warranty crap that comes with the motor and the addons and how to use them but really nothing about the boat itself.   However they all have a service group that if u ask nice will send u either by pdf or fax a wiring diagram

Ranger Z521C w 250 SHO

Offline Sully401

• Guppy
  • You got the big ones out there eatin the little on
    • Sullivan Brownhill fishing
  • My Biggest Bass: 6.15 LMB 5.07 SMB
« Reply #6 on: November 29, 2016, 09:03:22 AM »
@jak0253 I have a 2001 PT 175 that has the accessory switch you mentioned. Its used as a switch for any third party electronics you may want to install. I have a few deck lights hooked up to this switch currently which is great because it allows me to turn them on when i want too and off when i do not need them!
Duckett fishing RPS
Netbait RPS
Ardent outdoors RPS

Offline frugalangler

• Smallmouth Bass
  • Play hard, Fish harder!!!!!
    • Club website
« Reply #7 on: November 29, 2016, 10:14:53 AM »
I wish more builders would install mystery switches (and document them) as I am always struggling when working on friends boats to add electrical accessories as to how to power and switch them. It's nice to know that someone thought ahead and installed a accessory switch in forethought!

It's amazing how much a couple extra $$'s spent by the mfg. up front could ease the frustration of owners and that would go a long way toward building brand loyalty!
FrugalAngler
Ranger198VX/Yamaha VMax
Jeep Grand Cherokee EcoDiesel

Offline Curt

• BBB Admin
  • Administrator
  • Largemouth Bass
  • Fish On!
    • CurtSnow.com
« Reply #8 on: November 29, 2016, 11:25:19 AM »
My older Tracker boats also had these "mystery" switches. They were excellent for adding accessories to the boat!

Tags:

* Recent Posts

No posts were found.

* Forum Staff

Curt admin Curt
Administrator
admin Jive
Administrator
Mitz gmod Mitz
Global Moderator
SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal