BBB Sponsor

Bass Tackle at Guaranteed Lowest Prices

BBB Sponsors

Authorized AMSOIL Dealer

Your best choice for the Primary Tackle you need!

Fishing Tackle With Guaranteed Best Price!

Garmin Marine Electronics

* Who's Online

• Dot Guests: 180
  • Dot Hidden: 0
  • Dot Users: 0

There aren't any users online.

Author Topic: Well I got the new boat last week and fished it 4 or 5 times  (Read 8046 times)

Offline Jig Man

• Largemouth Bass
  • BassBoatBoards.com Rocks!
  • Referrals: 0
I had a Low. hds 12 Gen 3 put on the bow and a 9 at the console.  I also kept my old electronics because they weren't offering me squat for them.  I gave my fishing partner the hds 8 Gen 1 and am going to mount the Gen 2 9 below the 12 at the bow so it can be for mapping and the 12 split for down scan and 2d sonar.

I haven't quite worked out the installation yet but am getting close.

« Last Edit: July 26, 2016, 09:59:21 AM by Jig Man »
If you're too busy to go fishing you're too busy!!

Offline Curt

• BBB Admin
  • Administrator
  • Largemouth Bass
  • Fish On!
  • Referrals: 264
    • CurtSnow.com
  • My Biggest Bass: LMB - 9 lbs. 2 oz. (RI) 9 lbs. 14 oz. (California Delta) - SMB 5 lbs. 10 oz. (CT)
Re: Well I got the new boat last week and fished it 4 or 5 times
« Reply #1 on: July 26, 2016, 10:17:14 AM »
So, how do you like it now that you've fished from it a few times?

And I would say that you're not lacking any electronics on the bow  (giggle)  :thumbup:

Professionally Designed Websites Starting at Just $99 http://www.ProWebsitesUnlimited.com

Offline Jig Man

• Largemouth Bass
« Reply #2 on: July 26, 2016, 11:33:18 AM »
I'm getting used to it.  It fishes well and actually handles easier and is more responsive than my Champ was.  However, it is a bit rougher ride than the Champ but one can't have everything.  It has way more lift than the Champ did.  I don't know if it is the boat, motor, jack plate or some combination of all of them.

Nightmare came up with a simple, free way to mount the 9 under the 12.
If you're too busy to go fishing you're too busy!!

Offline transamz9

• Bluegill
« Reply #3 on: July 27, 2016, 11:57:53 AM »
I'm getting used to it.  It fishes well and actually handles easier and is more responsive than my Champ was.  However, it is a bit rougher ride than the Champ but one can't have everything.  It has way more lift than the Champ did.  I don't know if it is the boat, motor, jack plate or some combination of all of them.

Nightmare came up with a simple, free way to mount the 9 under the 12.

You just have to remember that it is a different hull design than the Champ was. The hull on each side on the front turns out more flat to give it a more stable stance when fishing in the rough stuff. Once you learn to drive it you can adjust your trim and speed to get the best ride. You have to get the nose up so that the vee part of the hull cuts the waves. Hulls with the straight vee design like the Chaps, Bullets and others cut the waves at pretty much any speed and nose attitude. The down fall to that is when fishing in rough stuff is the nose bounces like an old coil spring with no shock. With the design like your Z20 and My Z9 the nose of the boat will go up but when it comes down it will hit the flat part under the front of the hull and stop taking the bounce effect out of it. I have been sitting in water that was causing the prop on the Mercury to come out of the water it was so rough and I have never had an ounce of water make it over the top rail of the boat.

Yeah, it hits hard sometimes but it sure is a dry ride. Enjoy!

Tags:

* Recent Posts

No posts were found.

* Forum Staff

Curt admin Curt
Administrator
admin Jive
Administrator
Mitz gmod Mitz
Global Moderator
SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal