BBB Sponsor

Bass Tackle at Guaranteed Lowest Prices

BBB Sponsors

Authorized AMSOIL Dealer

Your best choice for the Primary Tackle you need!

Fishing Tackle With Guaranteed Best Price!

Garmin Marine Electronics

* Who's Online

• Dot Guests: 202
  • Dot Hidden: 0
  • Dot Users: 0

There aren't any users online.

Author Topic: Friday Night Tourney  (Read 4600 times)

Offline Curt

• BBB Admin
  • Administrator
  • Largemouth Bass
  • Fish On!
  • Referrals: 264
    • CurtSnow.com
  • My Biggest Bass: LMB - 9 lbs. 2 oz. (RI) 9 lbs. 14 oz. (California Delta) - SMB 5 lbs. 10 oz. (CT)
Friday Night Tourney
« on: August 07, 2016, 10:21:35 AM »
My club had its final night tourney of the summer season on Friday night. It was held on a lake that used to be one of my absolute favorite lakes to fish at night. Over the last 10 years, though, I have gone there very little because the fishery declined after Walleye were introduced into the lake by CT DEP.

All that aside, we started our tourney at 10 PM and fished until 6 AM. I had a good night overall, landing my limit within the first 90 minutes or so and then culling up an ounce or two here and there.

The only problem was that just about everything I caught was between 1 lb. and 1 1/2 lbs.  No bigger fish would bite. But I kept pushing through and finally landed a fish over 2 lbs. during the last 45 minutes of the tourney.

Long story short, I ended up winning with a bag that weighed in at 8.50 lbs. And that fish I caught that was over 2 lbs. took the tourney lunker, at 2.39 lbs  (giggle)

Just goes to show what persistence can do, even when you're catching small fish. Little did I know that everyone else was catching smaller fish!

Professionally Designed Websites Starting at Just $99 http://www.ProWebsitesUnlimited.com

* Recent Posts

No posts were found.

* Forum Staff

Curt admin Curt
Administrator
admin Jive
Administrator
Mitz gmod Mitz
Global Moderator
SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal