Bass Fishing Forums > Rods

Need rod advice lol

(1/3) > >>

The dude:
Im gonna try to keep this short lol. Im a kinda budget fisherman. But im upping my game lately. Currently i own and use.
 Rod/reel
1.Berkley lightning 7'mh/ garcia 550 plus with braid for carolina rig.
2.Berkley lightning 7'mh/ garcia blackmax 12lb flouro for t rigs and such.

These are my 2 primarys that i use the most for specific fishing techniques they are also only a few survivors of the great theft of 2011 (about $2500 in rods and reels). So to keep fishing i had picked up some other budget minded stuff along the way to get me back on the water.

So recently i had purchased a lews lfs 6.8:1 to use for plastics t rigs and jigs.
So im wondering if a new rod is in the future. I'll most likely  put it on the 7mh lightning rod to start with until i get something better for it.
Also i have and old quantum IR3 round reel im refreshing with new bearings clean and polish i plan to use for cranking. ( i may post the process on a separate thread with pictures). And i may use it on the lightning rod.
I guess what im looking for is opinions on what reel to buy a rod for. Budget cranking rod? Or middle of the road worm rod?

Sorry if i opened a can of worms.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk

JackJ:
Without knowing how much you want to spend, I assume not much from your post, so if you are just looking for a cheap decent rod to use I would get an All Star Classic from Academy for $39.99.    Also my local dealer has the Halo Daylight Series for $39 also which I really like.  But not sure how much they would be in your area.

The dude:
I honestly have had good luck with the berkley stuff. But i wouldn't mind something a little more sensative to go with the lews. As far as budget id like to stay in the relm of berkley price but im open to anything. Where i travel for work i use hotel points for gift cards lol.
Im also wonderi g if i should drop to a med from med heavy for worms and tubes and jigs

The dude:
I guess what im asking is what to look for when shopping for a rod. And i had an allstar it was with the lot that was stolen.:(

Nightmare:
http://www.ffo-tackle.com/

Since you like Berkley, this will especially be of interest. I've got a 90-95% success rate with this outfit. A little hit n miss cause availability is what it is.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version