Bass Fishing Forums > Rods

Need rod advice lol

<< < (3/3)

The dude:
Well today i got my new bearings in the old quantum ir3. I used fast eddy bearings instead of boca. The bearings themself were a buck a piece so i gave em a try. Iv never used boca so i cant compare between the two. But i will say compared to the 15 or so year old bearings that i replaced, I am more than pleased. So I put it on the old lightning and started casting down the street lol. The first couple of cast the sinkers wouldn't even pull line out hanging there with the break backed all the way off. After about the 4th cast she was a singing.
So now having said all that let me get back on topic. With the new found youth of this old real. I decided to reward it with its very own rod. Drum roll please. After considering all the options and from past experience with the brand and then it seems as if everyone i talk to loves there cherrywoods. So i picked one up today and gotta say its well worth the 20 bucks. And perfect for a 15 year old reel. Tommorow morning in going out to give this set up a real world trial. Wish me luck!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk

Curt:
Very cool with the reel bearing upgrade. I hope those bearings work out for you.

And let us know what you think of the Cherrywood rod after some real word use!

The dude:
So far i like the cherrywood. Havent caught any fish on it yet . Reel works great need to break em in more

Curt:

--- Quote from: The dude on September 10, 2016, 06:01:24 PM ---So far i like the cherrywood. Havent caught any fish on it yet . Reel works great need to break em in more

--- End quote ---

Glad you like it. Hang in there... the first fish on that rod will come soon  :nod:

frugalangler:

--- Quote from: transamz9 on August 22, 2016, 09:17:48 AM ---Hands down, the best cranking and spinnerbait rod for the money. I have 4 of them. Three of them I have Pro Qualifiers on and one I have Johnny Morris Carbonlite on. I use the one with the Carbonlite for jerk baits and walk the dog baits because it weighs practically nothing. All of them are 7' Medium action and I don't know of one fish I've lost since I started using them. They have enough backbone to set the hook on a spinnerbait but have enough flex to keep them crazy fish hooked up when they go airborne. (yes)

https://www.walmart.com/ip/Berkley-Cherrywood-Spinning-Rod/23608382

--- End quote ---

I use the Cherrywood in a crank rod for spinnerbaits, can't be beat especially for the price

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version