BBB Sponsor

Bass Tackle at Guaranteed Lowest Prices

BBB Sponsors

Authorized AMSOIL Dealer

Your best choice for the Primary Tackle you need!

Fishing Tackle With Guaranteed Best Price!

Garmin Marine Electronics

* Who's Online

• Dot Guests: 185
  • Dot Hidden: 0
  • Dot Users: 0

There aren't any users online.

Author Topic: My Erudes...  (Read 8044 times)

Offline RedAllison

• Smallmouth Bass
  • Referrals: 0
  • My Biggest Bass: 9#13oz. Mar/04, MS. Jig&pig
My Erudes...
« on: February 20, 2015, 12:47:39 AM »
My "go fast" motah on my Allison is black!  (giggle) But my other two eggbeaters are Evinrudes.

On my deckboat I have a 2005 Erude 150 DFI (Bombardiers rework/perfection of the infamous ol FICT that bankrupted OMC). The rig was a year old demo when I bought it and it's been absolutely FLAWLESS now going into it's 10th summer of age. I've only changed the plugs once and every other year or so I change the gearcase oil and water pump. Keep decent gas in it, keep 1oz per 5gals of Stabil Marine, decent TCW 2stroke oil in it and maybe 1-2 times a year I pour in a bottle of B12 Chemtool to super clean it. This engine lives on a fairly heavy 22ft deckboat and sees "HEAVY DUTY" use yet it's NEVER let us down!  (yes)

My second Erude is a 1996 50hp twin cyl that's on my 1996 Lowe 160 tin basser. I've owned it since 2010. I removed the oil injection and mix good oil 3oz per gal (and likewise my standard of 1oz per 5 gal of Stabil Marine) and replaced the power pack for assurance after it wouldn't start one time. It's NEVER failed to run, it's like a typical carbed Erude that requires a couple of spins to fire when cold. But once it fires it's MONEY for the rest of the day!  (yes)
AllisonOwners.net

Tags:

* Recent Posts

No posts were found.

* Forum Staff

Curt admin Curt
Administrator
admin Jive
Administrator
Mitz gmod Mitz
Global Moderator
SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal