BBB Sponsor

Bass Tackle at Guaranteed Lowest Prices

BBB Sponsors

Authorized AMSOIL Dealer

Your best choice for the Primary Tackle you need!

Fishing Tackle With Guaranteed Best Price!

Garmin Marine Electronics

* Who's Online

• Dot Guests: 176
  • Dot Hidden: 0
  • Dot Users: 0

There aren't any users online.

Author Topic: Cleaning Boat Carpet  (Read 9661 times)

Offline Curt

• BBB Admin
  • Administrator
  • Largemouth Bass
  • Fish On!
  • Referrals: 264
    • CurtSnow.com
  • My Biggest Bass: LMB - 9 lbs. 2 oz. (RI) 9 lbs. 14 oz. (California Delta) - SMB 5 lbs. 10 oz. (CT)
Cleaning Boat Carpet
« on: September 16, 2016, 11:29:11 AM »
Just curious as to what everyone uses to clean the carpet in their boat. I'm not referring so much to removing stains, but just for general cleaning to restore it as close as possible to what it looked like when it was new.

I bought some stain remover from @Basscat1 (Pro Tec Products) to remove random blood stains, etc. So I'm covered there!

One friend told me he used his power washer on a low pressure setting to flush dirt from his carpet. He was shocked at how much dirt came out. But I'm wondering if this is a good idea or not, since it does use high pressure.

I'm open to any and all suggestions. I want to try to get a few more years from my carpet, since there are no holes, tears or other signs of wear.

Thanks in advance  (yes)

Professionally Designed Websites Starting at Just $99 http://www.ProWebsitesUnlimited.com

Offline Jig Man

• Largemouth Bass
  • BassBoatBoards.com Rocks!
  • Referrals: 0
Re: Cleaning Boat Carpet
« Reply #1 on: September 16, 2016, 11:40:39 AM »
I have always given my boat carpet a power was twice a year.  I use the moderate tip on my power washer and don't hold it close to the carpet.  My carpet lasted for 13 years of 100 days per year use.  Then it was only worn badly on the high traffic areas. 

Just use your judgement and keep the nozzle back from the carpet a ways.

For general cleaning I use a bissle wet vac.
If you're too busy to go fishing you're too busy!!

Offline Curt

• BBB Admin
  • Administrator
  • Largemouth Bass
  • Fish On!
  • Referrals: 264
    • CurtSnow.com
  • My Biggest Bass: LMB - 9 lbs. 2 oz. (RI) 9 lbs. 14 oz. (California Delta) - SMB 5 lbs. 10 oz. (CT)
« Reply #2 on: September 16, 2016, 03:20:08 PM »
Thanks @Jig Man

Fishing in the rain is actually the way my carpet has gotten cleaned in the past. The rain would give it a good soaking and then I would suck it dry with a Shop vac when I got home. Sucking the water out like that would also suck the dirt out with it. The carpet looks pretty good afterward!

Unfortunately, we have little or no rain this year. But I guess I could accomplish the same thing by giving it a good hosing down and then using the Shop vac  (hmm)

Professionally Designed Websites Starting at Just $99 http://www.ProWebsitesUnlimited.com

Offline Jig Man

• Largemouth Bass
« Reply #3 on: September 17, 2016, 08:52:13 AM »
I do that also.  That will help but if you do that then use the power washer a few days later you will find that there was still a lot of gunk left in the carpet.
If you're too busy to go fishing you're too busy!!

Offline fishon-son

• Smallmouth Bass
« Reply #4 on: September 18, 2016, 11:16:26 AM »
im lucky enough that i have a son whos shop dose carpet cleaning..so when the time comes he just brings the van over..dose the boat, house and furniture...not bad for a landscaping company....lol   they have about 15 resturants to take care of after hours in the town i live in.....the boat has been done 2 times   i really dont let it get dirty...

* Recent Posts

No posts were found.

* Forum Staff

Curt admin Curt
Administrator
admin Jive
Administrator
Mitz gmod Mitz
Global Moderator
SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal