Outboard Motor Forums (by brand) > Yamaha Outboards

Did This Yesterday...

<< < (2/10) > >>

Curt:

--- Quote from: Eric Low on September 19, 2016, 09:42:14 AM ---
I have been pretty much a zombie for 3 days....but final of 2017? I must be on the road to recovery lol.

--- End quote ---

Oops! Massive typo  :surprised:

Curt:

--- Quote from: Jig Man on September 18, 2016, 10:49:51 PM ---A good welder could fix that if about 15 minutes and never take it off the motor.   Weld, grind, paint done.  When I sold boats we had a guy come every Wednesday and do repairs like that.

--- End quote ---

@Jig Man  Wow. Seriously? I always thought the heat from welding would damage the internal stuff and seals, etc.

--- Quote ---Ouch! Insurance? Better to make it as new if you can
--- End quote ---

@Eric Low My initial thought was to call the insurance company and see if they might cover it. Believe me, I would prefer to have it like new, if possible. I'm just not sure it would be worth contacting them, with deductibles, etc. Might be worth a shot, though.  (hmm)

Jig Man:
I doubt that job would cost over $100-150.  It should only be about an hour job.

Curt:

--- Quote from: Jig Man on September 19, 2016, 11:08:04 AM ---I doubt that job would cost over $100-150.  It should only be about an hour job.

--- End quote ---

OK. Thanks for the info. I'll check into it.

Curt:
Well, I opted to go with a skeg repair kit for now. I made a couple calls locally. One place told me they don't do the repairs and don't have anyone that would come to their shop to do it, so they drop the lower unit and send it to a welding shop about 30 miles from here. Another weld shop never returned my call.

So my skeg repair kit arrived here yesterday from Amazon. I will be installing it this weekend if I have the time. It should be a 15 minute install.

I'll get before and after pics. I might even do a video, but not sure yet about that part of it.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version