BBB Sponsor

Bass Tackle at Guaranteed Lowest Prices

BBB Sponsors

Authorized AMSOIL Dealer

Your best choice for the Primary Tackle you need!

Fishing Tackle With Guaranteed Best Price!

Garmin Marine Electronics

* Who's Online

• Dot Guests: 190
  • Dot Hidden: 0
  • Dot Users: 0

There aren't any users online.

Author Topic: Worked on the p2p  (Read 8550 times)

Offline Jig Man

• Largemouth Bass
  • BassBoatBoards.com Rocks!
  • Referrals: 0
Worked on the p2p
« on: September 29, 2016, 08:39:14 AM »
We finally got some cooler weather so I took the camper and boat to Pomme de Terre Lake.  I did a little fishing and quite a bit of motor raising.  I started out with a 6.5" p2p.  Every time I raised it the rpms came up a bit the hole shot got less and the speed increased as did the handling.

I did one final raise before heading home on Wednesday.  I am now at a 3.75 p2p.  My rpms have gone from 5700 to 6000, the hole shot dropped to 3.5 seconds from 7 and the speed increased from 67 to 71 mph (speed over ground).  I may raise it up another 1/2 inch or so after the water cools off.

Yesterday the motor was way too high to clear the garage door.  I had to trim it down before entering but I have to stop and drop the power poles anyway so it isn't a big deal.
If you're too busy to go fishing you're too busy!!

Offline JackJ

• Largemouth Bass
    • Alabama Fishing
  • My Biggest Bass: 9-3
Re: Worked on the p2p
« Reply #1 on: September 29, 2016, 08:58:03 AM »
That sounds more like it.  You are right close to the sweet spot.
2016 Phoenix 618 Pro
Mercury 175 Pro XS

Offline transamz9

• Bluegill
  • BassBoatBoards.com Rocks!
« Reply #2 on: September 29, 2016, 08:38:00 PM »
We finally got some cooler weather so I took the camper and boat to Pomme de Terre Lake.  I did a little fishing and quite a bit of motor raising.  I started out with a 6.5" p2p.  Every time I raised it the rpms came up a bit the hole shot got less and the speed increased as did the handling.

I did one final raise before heading home on Wednesday.  I am now at a 3.75 p2p.  My rpms have gone from 5700 to 6000, the hole shot dropped to 3.5 seconds from 7 and the speed increased from 67 to 71 mph (speed over ground).  I may raise it up another 1/2 inch or so after the water cools off.

Yesterday the motor was way too high to clear the garage door.  I had to trim it down before entering but I have to stop and drop the power poles anyway so it isn't a big deal.

My Z9 runs and handles it's best @ 2 1/2 BP but I have a hard time getting it to break over without cavitation if I have a heavy load with me. I run it at 2 3/4 and can feather the throttle when breaking over. As soon as the front comes down I can hammer it with no problems.

Sounds like you are getting her dialed in though just remember to try have the boat loaded as close as possible weight wise that you are going to run the majority of the time when you are setting it up because the difference between full live wells and empty can be a big difference. Watch your H2O pressure in turns also.

Offline Curt

• BBB Admin
  • Administrator
  • Largemouth Bass
  • Fish On!
  • Referrals: 264
    • CurtSnow.com
  • My Biggest Bass: LMB - 9 lbs. 2 oz. (RI) 9 lbs. 14 oz. (California Delta) - SMB 5 lbs. 10 oz. (CT)
« Reply #3 on: September 30, 2016, 07:13:41 PM »
Sounds like you made some great progress!! Glad to hear it's turning the performance around for you.  :thumbup:

Professionally Designed Websites Starting at Just $99 http://www.ProWebsitesUnlimited.com

Tags:

* Recent Posts

No posts were found.

* Forum Staff

Curt admin Curt
Administrator
admin Jive
Administrator
Mitz gmod Mitz
Global Moderator
SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal