BBB Sponsor

Bass Tackle at Guaranteed Lowest Prices

BBB Sponsors

Authorized AMSOIL Dealer

Your best choice for the Primary Tackle you need!

Fishing Tackle With Guaranteed Best Price!

Garmin Marine Electronics

* Who's Online

• Dot Guests: 182
  • Dot Hidden: 0
  • Dot Users: 0

There aren't any users online.

Author Topic: Utility over performance  (Read 10479 times)

Offline Jig Man

• Largemouth Bass
  • BassBoatBoards.com Rocks!
  • Referrals: 0
Utility over performance
« on: February 26, 2017, 08:25:56 PM »
I have gotten tired of stopping on the driveway and changing the angle of the motor and lowering the power poles so I can back in the garage.  Then doing the same thing before I can get out of the garage.

So I just said heck with it and pulled the boat to the door.  I lowered the jack plate till the motor cleared and moved the power poles down to where they cleared.  I went to the lake and checked it out.  I lost 2 seconds on hole shot but everything else works just fine. 

When I got home I just backed it into the garage without having to adjust anything.  It was sooo nice.

I probably lost some top end but rarely do that anyway.
If you're too busy to go fishing you're too busy!!

Offline transamz9

• Bluegill
Re: Utility over performance
« Reply #1 on: February 27, 2017, 06:08:13 AM »
My doors are 8' tall but i still have to lower my poles.

Offline Curt

• BBB Admin
  • Administrator
  • Largemouth Bass
  • Fish On!
  • Referrals: 264
    • CurtSnow.com
  • My Biggest Bass: LMB - 9 lbs. 2 oz. (RI) 9 lbs. 14 oz. (California Delta) - SMB 5 lbs. 10 oz. (CT)
« Reply #2 on: February 27, 2017, 10:52:26 AM »
I have gotten tired of stopping on the driveway and changing the angle of the motor and lowering the power poles so I can back in the garage.  Then doing the same thing before I can get out of the garage.

Sometimes the littlest things can make a big difference! Glad it worked for you  :thumbup:

Professionally Designed Websites Starting at Just $99 http://www.ProWebsitesUnlimited.com

Offline JackJ

• Largemouth Bass
    • Alabama Fishing
  • My Biggest Bass: 9-3
« Reply #3 on: February 27, 2017, 11:04:01 AM »
I have seen some tilt adapters for Power Poles that allow them to tilt to get into garages, etc. 
2016 Phoenix 618 Pro
Mercury 175 Pro XS

Offline frugalangler

• Smallmouth Bass
  • Play hard, Fish harder!!!!!
    • Club website
« Reply #4 on: February 27, 2017, 01:15:26 PM »
Keep a remote for the PP in the truck, then when you back up, drop the  pole w/ the remote! You can even get a inexpensive remote wireless relay set for controlling hydro jack plate or tilt/trim remotely, keep it in the truck, and modify it before backing into the garage.
FrugalAngler
Ranger198VX/Yamaha VMax
Jeep Grand Cherokee EcoDiesel

Offline Jig Man

• Largemouth Bass
« Reply #5 on: February 27, 2017, 04:29:42 PM »
I forgot to mention that I have an ongoing case of CRS.  When I first got the boat I took it out 2 different times without lowering the poles.  Now CRS won't come into play.
If you're too busy to go fishing you're too busy!!

Offline frugalangler

• Smallmouth Bass
    • Club website
« Reply #6 on: February 27, 2017, 04:48:17 PM »
Just cause I can, gonna keep digging at you LOL

Put a driveway alert so that when you back up it starts flashing a big bright light in your rear mirror, you'll stop, won't be long but what you'll train your brain's CRS to remember to tilt the engine and drop the poles, if that don't work hook it to an electro-shock pad in the seat, you'll never forget again!!

Truth be known, I've scraped the top of the engine cowl a few times my self, and I've learned one more step in my strap-down after take out procedure, LOWER THE JACKPLATE!!! Mine fits unless the J/P is left in running position, fortunately I can't back mine in, I have a 'tug' I have to use to push it in because the driveway curves w/ a concrete wall adjacent that prevents proper alignment with the garage door. So, now if I forget the J/P, it simply stops but doesn't damage anything (tug goes very slow) if it does hit. Man I feel your pain, I mean CRS!
FrugalAngler
Ranger198VX/Yamaha VMax

Offline transamz9

• Bluegill
« Reply #7 on: February 27, 2017, 05:03:18 PM »
I have seen some tilt adapters for Power Poles that allow them to tilt to get into garages, etc.

HAHA! You still have to remember to tilt them...... (giggle) I keep one of my PP remotes in the truck at all times.......hidden in the door pocket so no one can play with it running down the road. (fp)

Offline frugalangler

• Smallmouth Bass
    • Club website
« Reply #8 on: February 27, 2017, 05:12:22 PM »
so no one can play with it running down the road. (fp)

That reminded me of an experience I had, one of the hydraulic lines popped a leak and the pole deployed on the interstate at Oh-dark-thirty (fp)  with no other cars around - pulled in to a spot for a pee break and walked around to find the fiberglass portion of the pole was about 6" (yes, inches!) long :crying: it had drug so long! Fortunately, they are unconditionally warranted for LIFE! And, not only did they replace the pole no charge free freight but sent a complete new upgraded line and fitting kit to prevent that embarrassment again.
FrugalAngler
Ranger198VX/Yamaha VMax

Offline Curt

• BBB Admin
  • Administrator
  • Largemouth Bass
  • Fish On!
  • Referrals: 264
    • CurtSnow.com
  • My Biggest Bass: LMB - 9 lbs. 2 oz. (RI) 9 lbs. 14 oz. (California Delta) - SMB 5 lbs. 10 oz. (CT)
« Reply #9 on: February 27, 2017, 06:45:43 PM »
I forgot to mention that I have an ongoing case of CRS. 

(giggle)

Professionally Designed Websites Starting at Just $99 http://www.ProWebsitesUnlimited.com

Tags:

* Recent Posts

No posts were found.

* Forum Staff

Curt admin Curt
Administrator
admin Jive
Administrator
Mitz gmod Mitz
Global Moderator
SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal