Bass Boat Forums (by boat brand) > Nitro Bass Boats Forums

Should I be concerned ?

(1/2) > >>

Jig Man:
I was out cleaning on the boat and noticed this.  I think it was flat to begin with.

JackJ:
Is that your jacking bolt on your jack plate? 

If it did bend, I would think that would mean the side bolts were not lose enough when you jacked it up, or the motor was not supported when you jacked it causing it to put more strain on it at an angle, so all it could do was bend.   

I usually lower my motor so that most of the weight of the motor is supported by the skeg touching the ground when I raise and lower.

You might try loosening the side bolts again and do that to see if it straightens back up.   You may have tightened the side bolts while it was bent down, so that would keep it down.

Jig Man:
I had the slide bolts loosened up.  I had the motor down with a block under it.   I'm thinking this is permanent but I will try loosening the slide bolts again and see what happens.

Jig Man:
Jack, I blocked the motor with a board under the skeg.   I have the bolts way loose.  The bent portion hasn't moved.  I'm going to leave it that way for a while.  Then I guess I'll just retighten the slide bolts and go on.

transamz9:
I don't guess I'm seeing what you guys are seeing.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version