Bass Boat Maintenance & Repairs > Bass Boat Maintenance

Batteries (Winterizing)

<< < (2/3) > >>

bullet20dc:
if you have a power company like mine that gets a ridiculous amount of money each month that heating blanket will run ya some bucks to run.  If ya wanna try something a little cheaper to run and just as effective  take a 40watt incandescent light bulb and leave it in the bilge area ON  you will be surprised at how much heat that will put out in an enclosed space     
  Andy  you've seen my setup on my batteries   the only time my batteries arent on my charger is when I fishing.   That charger u have will monitor the state and keep em up    I have been leaving the charger connected for more years then I wanna admit to
 BYW Andy we havent winterized it yet or did I teach you too much and you did it yaself.   (giggle)

andyfender:
Charlie,  \o/

You have thought me very well!!! I was planning on winterizing the boat on Sat, if you are free  maybe we can do it together? Let me know.  :thumbup:

Did you move your boat down to your other garage? If so, the space where you keep you boat is available? I would pay you to rent it for the winter for my boat?

Jig Man:
Before you plug that charger in and leave it unattended for an extended period, call Dual Pro.  I was going to be gone for about 5 weeks so I called them and asked about my specific Dual Pro.  They told me DON'T DO IT.  So I didn't.

I now have a Genesis charger.  When I called them about leaving it plugged in to my AGM batteries they also told me  DON'T DO IT.

andyfender:
Yes I did that when I first got the charger, here is his reply:

We normally recommend to leave the charger plugged in, it goes into a
maintenance mode once it reaches a full charge. The only thing is we
recommend to check the batteries every month or so if the batteries are
wet cell. Hopefully this will help but if any questions just let us know.
Thanks have a great weekend.

Josh Dodson

Pro Charging Systems

Curt:
@bullet20dc The heating pad I use is one of the small ones used for sore or aching muscles. Maybe 12 x 20 inches or so? Did you think I was referring to something bigger than that?

But your suggestion about a small light bulb is also a good one, provided there is room to put it in there without it touching or hitting anything that can melt or catch on fire.  :thumbup:

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version