BBB Sponsor

Bass Tackle at Guaranteed Lowest Prices

BBB Sponsors

Authorized AMSOIL Dealer

Your best choice for the Primary Tackle you need!

Fishing Tackle With Guaranteed Best Price!

Garmin Marine Electronics

* Who's Online

• Dot Guests: 183
  • Dot Hidden: 0
  • Dot Users: 0

There aren't any users online.

Author Topic: Prop  (Read 22901 times)

Offline Eric Low

• Smallmouth Bass
  • BassBoatBoards.com Rocks!
  • Referrals: 0
Re: Prop
« Reply #15 on: November 30, 2016, 05:42:51 PM »
Have you looked into a hydrofoil?

http://amzn.to/2gQ68I0
« Last Edit: December 01, 2016, 12:20:12 PM by Curt »

Offline jak0253

• Guppy
« Reply #16 on: December 01, 2016, 08:21:38 PM »
I pulled the prop off today and the only numbers I saw were : F10.5 x 13p there was also a "c" and an "m" stamped in the inner housing. I hope you fellas can tell me what this means. Thanks

Offline Nightmare

• Smallmouth Bass
  • My Biggest Bass: LM 7 lb 5 oz (so far), Guntersville
« Reply #17 on: December 02, 2016, 08:10:12 AM »
Measure from end of one blade to the center of the hub. If that comes out to 10 1/2", give or take - you've found your diam x pitch specs.

*Should wake up before typing.... Measure as above and multiply x2 for diameter...  (fp)
« Last Edit: December 02, 2016, 10:13:44 AM by Nightmare »

Offline jak0253

• Guppy
« Reply #18 on: December 02, 2016, 08:26:37 AM »
I will check the diameter out today, you all said 13 x 26 didn't sound right for my boat. I wonder why this label is affixed to the lower end? And again it looks like it came from the factory not something that was put on afterwords. But if this prop is a 10.5 x 13 then I am back where I started, so any suggestions? I may try the Hydrofoil, not overly expensive. Thanks to you fellas I am learning a lot.

Offline Curt

• BBB Admin
  • Administrator
  • Largemouth Bass
  • Fish On!
  • Referrals: 264
    • CurtSnow.com
  • My Biggest Bass: LMB - 9 lbs. 2 oz. (RI) 9 lbs. 14 oz. (California Delta) - SMB 5 lbs. 10 oz. (CT)
« Reply #19 on: December 02, 2016, 10:09:59 AM »
@jak0253  Those numbers stamped on the prop are the diameter and pitch. My guess is that when you measure the prop diameter, it will be 10.5 inches, just like what's stamped on there.

If that's the case, and your pitch is 13, that makes a whole lot more sense for your boat and the outboard you have. Like you said, though, even with that knowledge you're still right back where you started  :nod:

My suggestion at this point would be the hydrofoil ( http://amzn.to/2gQ68I0 ) and some weight redistribution. Between those two things you should be able to reduce your holeshot. You might even gain on the top end a tiny bit, but that's always iffy without making other changes. But that holeshot is the most important thing for you right now.

A friend of mine ( @Mitz ) bought a used Tracker Avalanche with a 110 or 115 on it. He had a heck of a time getting it out of the hole and on plane. He added a hydrofoil and shifted some weight around in the boat and it made a huge difference. I hope it works for you too.

Professionally Designed Websites Starting at Just $99 http://www.ProWebsitesUnlimited.com

Offline bullet20dc

• Smallmouth Bass
  • politically correct impaired
  • Referrals: 2
    • hvbm.org
« Reply #20 on: December 05, 2016, 07:58:21 PM »
Measure from end of one blade to the center of the hub. If that comes out to 10 1/2", give or take - you've found your diam x pitch specs.

*Should wake up before typing.... Measure as above and multiply x2 for diameter...  (fp)
    yo Nitey   u need to rellook at that euation    tip to hub center times two is diameter  if the radius is 10.5 you got one he!! of a big prop on there son    (giggle)
Ranger Z521C w 250 SHO

Offline Nightmare

• Smallmouth Bass
  • My Biggest Bass: LM 7 lb 5 oz (so far), Guntersville
« Reply #21 on: December 05, 2016, 11:57:47 PM »
Yeh. Why I corrected myself - was sitting there after work and noddin' off while typin'

Go back to shovelin' snow old man....  (shrug)

Offline bullet20dc

• Smallmouth Bass
  • politically correct impaired
  • Referrals: 2
    • hvbm.org
« Reply #22 on: December 06, 2016, 05:55:08 AM »
we got a few inches yestreday  man I hate that white crap   just bustin yer cahones ya geezer
Ranger Z521C w 250 SHO

Offline jak0253

• Guppy
« Reply #23 on: August 22, 2017, 06:31:53 PM »
Just an FYI, I installed a Doel Fin on my boat and what a difference, it pops right out of the water and I even gained some top end. Thanks to all for the information.

Offline Curt

• BBB Admin
  • Administrator
  • Largemouth Bass
  • Fish On!
  • Referrals: 264
    • CurtSnow.com
  • My Biggest Bass: LMB - 9 lbs. 2 oz. (RI) 9 lbs. 14 oz. (California Delta) - SMB 5 lbs. 10 oz. (CT)
« Reply #24 on: August 24, 2017, 04:00:18 PM »
@jak0253 Glad to hear that it helped! Thanks for letting us know the results  :nod:

Professionally Designed Websites Starting at Just $99 http://www.ProWebsitesUnlimited.com

Tags:

* Recent Posts

No posts were found.

* Forum Staff

Curt admin Curt
Administrator
admin Jive
Administrator
Mitz gmod Mitz
Global Moderator
SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal