Bass Fishing Forums > Reels

Switching Up My Reels

<< < (6/6)

The dude:
Its nice to see you guys take the plunge and try those out. I think most people get turned off since they know so little about them. I have a plethora of reels some expensive some that are hand me downs from my dad bought 2 years ago. Although there is nothing like the feeling of a new reel. To me it is equally enjoyable to tinker and tune up the old ones. Im glad to see you guys are having good luck with those reels. So i guess what im saying is. At either 40 bucks or 140 they all have bearings gears and a frame so im sure with care and maintainance you can have years of good service out of them.😊

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk

The dude:
20 years not 2 lol

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk

frugalangler:
I spent the Memorial weekend using my KastKing almost exclusively, had it mounted on a 6'6" Cherrywood by Berkley rod spooled w/ 14# mono. I was throwing a 4" Yum Dinger weightless, and it worked great. I did have both brakes on max, and the friction drag set normally where the bait would just drop if the tip was twitched, but would not drop on it's own, and it had great range and control. The fighting drag worked very well, so over all after getting some time with them, they are a keeper. I still have not tried one on my NED rod yet, hopefully this weekend, but will also try one on a Razor rods ML and a Quantum Smoke M/XF that feels more like a ML for wacky rigs based on my experience last weekend (I don't have that rod available right now, it stays at my country home).

Curt:
I have been using my KastKing almost exclusively for fishing bladed jigs, so it's gotten a good workout the last two months.

I have learned that I need to use my thumb with this reel in light of the fact that the 11 bearings make it so free-spooling on the cast, even with both brakes maxed out.

I really like it and definitely believe it's well worth the $40 I spent on it. I may consider buying more in the future when I'm in need of a new reel  :nod:

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version