Electronics Forums > General Electronics Q&A

Need Feedback & Opinions on Sonar

<< < (2/2)

Curt:
Thanks everyone. I really appreciate the feedback and help!  :thumbup:

Carl Lovisolo:
The Raymarine Dragon Fly 7 is relativity inexpensive and has excellent Side, Down, Sonar and mapping capabilities. You can link it to a phone or tablet with the Garmin app and view in real time anywhere on the boat what the unit is seeing.  I don't own one but my buddy has one on his boat! Clarity is excellent. I don't know how to load pictures here but thats the sonar image of a school of stripers taken about two weeks ago in Connecticut on a linked android..

Curt:
Well gang, after doing some homework I ended up buying a used unit that's almost the same as my current one, but it's a year or two newer, so it has down imaging, which my current unit didn't have.

Doing it this way saved me some cash and guaranteed that I will get a unit that's compatible with my Interlink and my console mounted unit.

Thanks to all of you for your help and suggestions!  :thumbup:

frugalangler:
A wise and 'frugal' choice! The industry is leap-frogging severely right now, so good to wait til the technology settles a little!

Curt:

--- Quote from: frugalangler on December 27, 2016, 11:03:59 AM ---A wise and 'frugal' choice! The industry is leap-frogging severely right now, so good to wait til the technology settles a little!

--- End quote ---

Thanks! I feel like I did the right thing to hold me over for a while without breaking the bank. ANd it will keep me using a unit that I am already familiar with  :nod:

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version