General Forums > Tow Vehicles

Tow Vehicle Role Call

(1/3) > >>

Curt:
So what do you have for a tow vehicle?

Mine is a 2016 Ford F150 with an Eco Boost V6.

This is my first EcoBoost engine and I have to admit I was very skeptical about its ability to tow my boat as well as the 5 liter V8 in my last truck. But I have been very pleasantly surprised by how much torque and power it has. And even more pleasant is the 2-3 MPG increase I saw with it when towing.

No, it probably wouldn't tow a setup like what @transamz9 has very well, but it does what I need it to do with power to spare  (yes)

frugalangler:
2014 Jeep Grand Cherokee EcoDiesel - I've pulled the Ranger on 1K mile trips with 3 people and gear and it delivered nearly 18MPG with about 1/3 of the trip @ 75MPH. It delivers more torque than the Hemi 5.7L V8 @ a mere 3.0L V6

I used to pull w/ a Duramax, way more truck than required, it delivered over 15MPG pulling an even larger boat, I'll not own a gas powered for towing.

Curt:

--- Quote from: frugalangler on December 29, 2016, 09:06:07 PM ---I'll not own a gas powered for towing.

--- End quote ---

If my boat was heavier or if I made a lot of long trips, I might consider a diesel. But my boat is aluminum and my trips are short. So the gas engine works fine for me  :nod:

transamz9:
Vehicle's that i have that i tow with are a 2005 Ram 2500 SLT quad cab 4x4 Cummins and 2016 3500 Ram Limited mega cab 4x4 Cummins. I also have a company truck that is supplied for my use that is a 2006 F350 xl crew cab 4x2 with a sick.o.

bullet20dc:
63 volkswagon microbus  pulls my 4000 lb Bullet no prob  gets 54mpg  at 75.    (yes)

HAPPY NEW YEAR ya'll

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version